Robert J. Lang - Acrocinus Longimanus

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Silverin

Robert J. Lang - Acrocinus Longimanus

Post by Silverin »

I wanted to do this insect that has no many steps, but seems like it has some lang style complications, can someone tell me what to do on step 41, i can't find the hidden layers that are supposed to be crimped
Froy

Post by Froy »

Hope this help.

What you have to pull out is really a part of the open sink you did.

Look inside the sink:

And pull the edge:

And then flaten whit the crimp in the midle:

And here is mine

By the way, can you help me shape the phoenix's wings like the one in you avatar?
Pobody's nerfect.

My Flickr
aurora dragon

WOW!

Post by aurora dragon »

Thats so cool! I can make a realy cool crane but I can never find or do that comlicated of a modle so perfectly! Can you show me where to find the pheonix diagram and show me how to do robert langs turtle I think I have a origami cobra and some others you might be intrested in:

http://www.hemmy.net/2006/03/12/top-origami-models/
I am a reader! I am a believer! I am an artist!

If anyone knows a website of origami that gives pacific instuctions of making origami masks or wet-foldin PLEASE let me know!
aurora dragon

sorry!

Post by aurora dragon »

that was the wrong link here it is:

http://digilander.libero.it/oridavid/modgall.htm
I am a reader! I am a believer! I am an artist!

If anyone knows a website of origami that gives pacific instuctions of making origami masks or wet-foldin PLEASE let me know!
Adam

Post by Adam »

Aurora Dragon, welcome to the forums!
There are no diagrams for the phoenix. People fold it using the crease pattern from Kamiya's website. One of Robert Lang's turtles is diagrammed in Origami Design Secrets.
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

please can some one tell me how to do step 50 of Robert J. Lang - Acrocinus Longimanus?? It says to crimp 2 flaps out to the side?

I cant see how to do it. :oops:

Kind regards
Steve
Adam

Post by Adam »

It's basically an inside reverse fold. Simply swivel the relatively short flap ( this will form the front leg of the bug ) to a point until it looks just like the diagram and then make a crease to keep it in place.
stevieboy1

Post by stevieboy1 »

Got it ta. :wink:

The first atemped turned out ok but the paper was to thick, so i went up the shops and brought loads of fine tisue paper.

I remade it with a 10inch square of black tissue paper it was quite fidely being tissue but it folded a lot beter and didnt tear or stress to much.

Is it ok to make these complex modles out of just one layer of tissure or should i make tissue foil??

I still found that when it came to folding the thin legs it was still vgery tricky and the legs still didnt turn out as good as i would of liked but it didnt turn out too bad. :)
thanks again,

kind regards
Steve
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

What kind of paper did you use in the photos, Froy?
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
Froy

Post by Froy »

For the photodiagram is taco wrapping paper, the same i used formy ryu zin.

For the folded model is a paper that we know in Mexico "papel de china" is like tissue, but I think that tis paper is thiner.
Pobody's nerfect.

My Flickr
Sebyfrog

Post by Sebyfrog »

Hey Froy!
Great folding, what paper is that you're using? Kraft?
Awesome Longhorn Beetle!

Edit: Ok, taco wrapping paper, that will teach me to read prvious messages! (D'oh!)

Moderator Comment: Merged double post. Please use the edit button.
Live forever man...
strolgen

Post by strolgen »

@ Froy
Any chance you can re-link the pictures from your post ... they seem to be dead and I'm stuck at exactly this 2 steps 41 & 42.
i'm also having a hard to find the hidden layer and don't want to mess up what I have by trial and error...

Thanks!

Edit: I think I found these hidden layers :shock:
Now I got the shaping to finish up. The model will not be great since didn't use the correct references for the sink in/out to narrow legs and antenna. Anyway I will post a pictures of the finish one in a few days.
strolgen

Post by strolgen »

here is the model ...
Not that good at shaping yet but it will come. I was having a hard time on the chunky leg, antenna and body
This was also my first try
Jonnycakes
Buddha

Post by Jonnycakes »

Pretty nice job-did you wet-fold (wet-shape) it? That is the only way to get those super-thin legs. Also, try to round out the legs-that hides an amazing amount of thickness.
strolgen

Post by strolgen »

Jonnycakes wrote:Pretty nice job-did you wet-fold (wet-shape) it? That is the only way to get those super-thin legs. Also, try to round out the legs-that hides an amazing amount of thickness.
Thanks appreciated! But to be honest, I think I could do a better rendition of it.
I used double tissue sheets MC treated, so yes I tried to wet shape it a little.
What do you mean by "try to round out the legs-that hides an amazing amount of thickness"