Satoshi Kamiya - Ryu Zin (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Dj origami

Re: Satoshi Kamiya - Ryu Zin (CP)

Post by Dj origami »

Carsen wrote:Well, it's been two years since I've completed the bottom half of my ryu zin 2.1 and I've come back to finish it!

I've done the transition units and legs on the top half, but now I'm stuck. Do I start in the corner and collapse the head, working my way to the head-neck connection? Or do I fold the head-neck connection first and leave the head for last?
I recommend you to make head-neck connection first and after that collapse the head. it's a lot easier that way.
You can find tutorials that I made for neck and head on this links: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 5y8PBedfvw
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Hey DJ origami,

You think you can make a tutorial for the tail? :) :D
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

chesslo wrote:Hey DJ origami,

You think you can make a tutorial for the tail? :) :D
hmm but I already have it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sftiSKQbiw0
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Oh I missed that one, I assume the tail of the 3.5 follows from 2.1 then :D. Thanks for the video!
Exodia10000

Post by Exodia10000 »

Hi!! Dj origami!! I followed your ryuzin 2.1 and 3.5 videos on youtube, but I have a problem with the ryuzin 3.5 head. Cause you divide the 2.1 head in 6 squares, but the 3.5 head has one more division for whiskers and eyes. Could you give me a tip about how to start the crease pattern for one square sheet
Carsen

Post by Carsen »

I'm having major issues folding the 2.1 head! I've successfully made several test folds and I've watched DJ's video, but I can't fold the head on my actual ryu zin. I believe my issue is the rest of the model is getting in the way, such as the vertical pleats, so it is very difficult to follow the folding process. Folding the real head is very different and much more difficult than folding the head on a test sheet.
Can anyone off advice or suggestions?

(I have folded everything except for the head)
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

Remember that DJ's tutorial had it on a 24x24 grid. Unfortunately, there isn't really a way of fixing the issue of the rest of the model getting in the way.
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

Carsen wrote:I'm having major issues folding the 2.1 head! I've successfully made several test folds and I've watched DJ's video, but I can't fold the head on my actual ryu zin. I believe my issue is the rest of the model is getting in the way, such as the vertical pleats, so it is very difficult to follow the folding process. Folding the real head is very different and much more difficult than folding the head on a test sheet.
Can anyone off advice or suggestions?

(I have folded everything except for the head)
PLease post a picture of what you have... I will try to help you but first I need to see what you meant exactly.
Exodia10000

Post by Exodia10000 »

Can someone help me with the precrease of the ryuzin head?? I mean, I need a tip about How to make the one division for wiskers And eyes?? I folded the cp I printed, but Now I wanna make It using referente lines
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Exodia10000 wrote:Can someone help me with the precrease of the ryuzin head?? I mean, I need a tip about How to make the one division for wiskers And eyes?? I folded the cp I printed, but Now I wanna make It using referente lines
http://www.youtube.com/user/OrigamiSage
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Carsen

Post by Carsen »

I was able to finish the head, although in a very inefficient way. I pretty much folded all the precreases and half collapsed the head, slowly putting all the points in the right places. It finally collapsed properly after a lot of trial and error.
Currently, I'm about 90% done!
All I have to do is finish some of the gluing and finish the legs. I'm leaving town tomorrow so I won't be able to post pictures for a while, but I will post them when I get back. It's not even finished and it's already my favorite origami model! :D
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

Nice work! I hope you get a great result!
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

Exodia10000 wrote:Can someone help me with the precrease of the ryuzin head?? I mean, I need a tip about How to make the one division for wiskers And eyes?? I folded the cp I printed, but Now I wanna make It using referente lines
Just make 7*7 grid and cut 3/4 of unit on 2 sides(adjacent to each other.)
Carsen

Post by Carsen »

Here it is!
FoldSkate

Post by FoldSkate »

Nice! You folded it really clean! I think the head could use a little more shaping but other than that it looks Great!