Satoshi Kamiya - Ryu Zin (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
rohanjakhar295

Re: Satoshi Kamiya - Ryu Zin (CP)

Post by rohanjakhar295 »

Can Someone post a m/v CP of Ryujin 2.1?
Kundalini

Post by Kundalini »

I think you should be happy, because it look great with that paper. it's a lot of effort and time, Congratulations!

I am convinced that paper make the difference. So if i were you i would try with a better paper instead of increasing dimmension
myself

Post by myself »

This might be a really stupid question, but is it possible to make a decent fold of the 3.5 or the 2.1 version from a 65 gsm sheet of paper?
topsu

Post by topsu »

65 gsm sounds fine to me. Weight does not equal thickness or folding properties though. And of course sheet size is what matters the most. What is the paper you're talking about?
myself

Post by myself »

Thank you for your quick reply. I was thinking about using my 1m x 10m sheet of Kraft paper. I tried folding Montroll's American Lobster with it and it worked really well. It seems like the thickness isn't that much of a problem with this paper, so I'll probably try the 3.5 soon.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

1m by 10m! Where do you get that big of paper?
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
Exodia10000

Post by Exodia10000 »

Hi can somebody help me with the head neck connection from Ryujin 3.5
myself

Post by myself »

OrigamiGeek wrote:1m by 10m! Where do you get that big of paper?
It's on a roll so it's pretty common. I ordered it from a webshop for office supplies.

Today I test-folded the scales and the head with scales on the neck. I want to start with the definitive version next Tuesday, but I still have a question. Which paper size should I use? 2m (6 ft 7 inches) or 2,5m (8 ft 3 inches)? I would rather use a 2m sheet, unless that makes the final result a lot worse. Thanks in advance.
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

I would recommend 2m instead of 2.5m because it's a lot easier to handle.
malifold

Post by malifold »

definitely 2m. That way you can handle the two halves separately until the last minute if you want to.
Tomasz Krawczyk

Post by Tomasz Krawczyk »

My attempt of Ryujin 3.5

Can Cebeci

Post by Can Cebeci »

I want to fold a ryujin 2.1 too but i really don't know what paper to use. I actually don't have many choices. I have kraft (80x80 cm /don't know about the gsm) and I have started folding one with that but I don't think it will end up nice. I can make tissue foil. Do you think tissue foil is a good choice? Also, I heard that there is a place where I can get japanese papers. If it was true, would one of them work for me?
Dj origami

Post by Dj origami »

Can Cebeci wrote:I want to fold a ryujin 2.1 too but i really don't know what paper to use. I actually don't have many choices. I have kraft (80x80 cm /don't know about the gsm) and I have started folding one with that but I don't think it will end up nice. I can make tissue foil. Do you think tissue foil is a good choice? Also, I heard that there is a place where I can get japanese papers. If it was true, would one of them work for me?
I wouldn't recommend any kind of foil paper for Ryujin. I think the best thing you could do is buy some mulberry paper from origami shop and glue 2 sheets together to get a square that's at least 80 cm * 80 cm . I recommend mulberry because of it's thickness and strength. Probably the hardest thing to do on Ryujin's is neck-twist and I assure you that you won't have any problems doing that with mulberry.
jetty2208

Post by jetty2208 »

hey can anyone help me on how to start the scales on ryujin 3.5 for the tail like picture diagrams or somehing i know how to shape the tail already
Can Cebeci

Post by Can Cebeci »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-nO0hgrX9M

I have found this youtube video a while ago. It explains how to fold the scales of ryujin 3.5. If you don' get where to do those reverse folds which form squares on your model, let me know.