Nguyen Hung Cuong - Eagle

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Krikke

Post by Krikke »

Thanks for the quick reply, Bethnor. With your comments in mind I will give it another try.
bethnor wrote:... really suggest is to follow exactly what folds are valleys and which are mountains.
I believe that I did all the creases correctly. Only on these flaps, the diagram is a bit unclear. It seems that there are no folds in this part.
bethnor wrote:...the lower arrow is in the first photo should NOT be squash-folded...
May I conclude from that sentence that the upper arrow part flap does needs to be squash-folded? So, after flatting the model, the upper arrow flap results in a symmetric part, while the lower arrow flap is asymmetric? Thanks!
Krikke

Post by Krikke »

I gave it another try. Here's the start:

Using Bethnor approach of a book fold, I hope that this is a correct step:

Flap 1 is now indeed in flap 2. If this is correct, what do I need to do then with the remaining flap that I indicated? I tried to flatten it down asymetrically as in the next picture:

Is this correct? Thanks!
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

do nothing of the sort. just fold the whole thing to one side and it should resemble the diagrams from hereon (remember, make only mountain and valleys EXACTLY as diagrammed, resist the temptation to try anything else). it might help to realize what all of this is for: flap 2 will eventually be the lower jaw. flap 1 is part of the pleat apparatus which becomes the tail. your second picture is in fact almost correct; just tuck flap 1 as much as possible into flap 2 (depending on how thick your paper is, there is quite a bit of "drift" in these steps).

in the future, avoid using papers with the foil side up. the glare makes it hard to see.
Last edited by bethnor on January 10th, 2011, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krikke

Post by Krikke »

Thanks, I will give it another go. My apologies for the paper used.
bethnor wrote:...your second picture is in fact almost correct; just tuck flap 2 as much as possible into flap 1...
Just for my own clarification, don't you mean tuck flap 1 as much as possible into flap 2 in stead of the other way around?
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

yes. sorry.
Krikke

Post by Krikke »

This is hard. I don't see how I can tuck flap 1 into flap 2 without making additional creases which are not on the diagram. Does anybody please have a picture for the solution of this step (step 71)? I would appreciate this enormously!
Krikke

Post by Krikke »

Is this then the solution?

And flattened:

Washi

Re: Nguyen Hung Cuong - Eagle

Post by Washi »

Hello, sorry for the necropost;

Can someone help me on steps 78-79?

This is my second try with my newly acquired 60cm tissue foil... but it seems both tries I have not precreased accurately (it's too difficult for me to do so); thus I wasted my tissue foil... but I didn't want to have to throw it away so I continued to fold and now I'm stuck on these steps.
FrumiousBandersnatch
Forum Sensei

Post by FrumiousBandersnatch »

Washi, I will take a look at this tonight for you if you still need the help?
Washi

Post by Washi »

I do want a solution now...

The current model's been sitting on my table for about 2 weeks straight just waiting to continue being folded. >_<
FrumiousBandersnatch
Forum Sensei

Post by FrumiousBandersnatch »

Okay, i've looked at it and the explanation is kind of tricky. Have you folded kamiya's samurai helmet beetle? This is a ver similar maneuver to one in that model.
Washi

Post by Washi »

Nope because I don't even have diagrams. xP
joecap5

Post by joecap5 »

I'm having trouble with steps 109 through 116. I'm pretty sure it's the beak I'm trying to fold.
I'm folding this eagle for my Grandmother's 100th birthday this Saturday so I could use some help soon please.

Step 109 says to pull out some paper from inside. I'm not sure how much I should pull out. This may also be leading to my troubles on step 113. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be folding downward.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bass

Post by Bass »

These diagrams are quite confusing. A lot of inaccuracies and unclear drawing of the layers, and the lack of text on certain steps make it some difficult guesswork. I'll keep trying I suppose; I get farther with each attempt, but it'd be awesome if the author were to revisit these and make corrections.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

Bass wrote:These diagrams are quite confusing. A lot of inaccuracies and unclear drawing of the layers, and the lack of text on certain steps make it some difficult guesswork. I'll keep trying I suppose; I get farther with each attempt, but it'd be awesome if the author were to revisit these and make corrections.
the diagrams are correct except for the two noted errors that have previously been discussed (one of them corrected in diagram as well). the major collapse is itself complex, and further revision will likely not clarify it.