Yoshizawa's crab from "Creative origami"

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
Elena

Yoshizawa's crab from "Creative origami"

Post by Elena »

Hi, everybody. I'm a new folder from Bulgaria. The last model I've tried to fold is Yoshizawa's crab from "Creative origami".But I need some help or video explanation for 12- 13 step. I "can't make this pullig out the B part" and the final result is not with 8 legs at 18 step. I can send a scaned .jpg from the book if you are ready to help me...please, be my saver!

Thanks in advance:
Elena :oops:
FrumiousBandersnatch
Forum Sensei

Post by FrumiousBandersnatch »

I see the step. Yeah, step 12 isn't very clear. Let me fold to that point, and I will try to post up some photos today!
FrumiousBandersnatch
Forum Sensei

Post by FrumiousBandersnatch »

And if you aren't getting 8 legs at the end, and you can't pull out that part...

Let me ask you this: In step one, are you starting with a piece of paper that has all 4 corners folded to the center? In step one, the diagram shows this already done, and I think if you don't do it, you wont be able to do step 12, and you will get fewer legs in step 18.
Elena

Post by Elena »

I think I'm doing right until 12 step. It's only the pulling part I'm doing wrong. I think I'm not doing the correct thing at 12, because I can't easily pull the B corner...I hope you can upload some photos soon, 10x in advance ;)
Froy

Post by Froy »

Photodiagramed an alternate folding sequence (for the base only) contcat me if you want to see it.
Pobody's nerfect.

My Flickr
Elena

Post by Elena »

I did it! As soon I make some photo I'll show off here ;)
Thanks Froy :!: :D
helios1014

Re: Yoshizawa's crab from "Creative origami"

Post by helios1014 »

I could use an explanation of these steps as well if Anyone is ever put together an explanation.
helios1014

Re: Yoshizawa's crab from "Creative origami"

Post by helios1014 »

Also, I have taken some photos of the steps I have done so far in case I have not executed the steps correctly.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApsO2D5oBZ-TibQsFl8evkupDFDSDA