Rabbit by Xander D. Arena

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
itay

Rabbit by Xander D. Arena

Post by itay »

Hello,

I need help to get through Xander D. Arena's Rabbit.

I've been able to follow the first 12 steps, but got stuck at the 13th. I don't understand where the leg assembly appears from.

It is possible, that the crux of the matter lies in the way i folded step 11. Since i could not make out the illustration of the 11'th step, i relied on the verbal description and on the illustration of the 12'th step. An illustration of the way i actually folded step 11 may be obtained from the given illustration of step 11, by erasing the top arrow, which curves to the left, and replacing the mountain fold symbol by a valley fold symbol, and with the understanding, that the fold is symmetrical with respect to the hind side of the figure.
itay

merci

Post by itay »

Thank you, pnpurdue. :)
You can stop trying now. I've decided to abandon this project.
Ramses

Step 7 please...

Post by Ramses »

Hello!

Well, step 12 is sth very advanced for me, I'm afraid, I'm stuck on step 7 :oops: Here is the picture of my rabbit after step 6 seen from the bottom:

What I don't understand is what happens with the indicated line in step 7. I've tried many times and I don't know what to do :?

Thnx
Ramses

Thanks

Post by Ramses »

Thank you very much, now I'm done, my rabbit isn't really nice, but now I know how to fold it, it will be better next time :D
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

The problem with the rabbit not being nice might not be on your side but due to the fact, that this rabbit is not really the best rabbit design out there.... you might try Stephen O'Hanlon's Rabbit instead :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
OrigamiRob

The Stephen O'Hanlon Rabbit is not, in fact, his

Post by OrigamiRob »

This Rabbit appears in Origami Made Easy by Kasahara, published in the 1970's in America. I don't think it's Stephen's design.
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Quote from http://www.fishgoth.com/origami/anidiag.html about the rabbit:
This design owes a lot to the origami of Kunihiko Kasahara, one of the best designers of simple models there is.
So you are partly right about what you said :)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin