Brian Chan Chimpanzee (CP)

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
orislater
Buddha

Post by orislater »

josh is psychic. i thought you already knew that?
my flickr tissue foil is for noobs! mc FTW!!!!
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

Bethnor: In the topic about Brian's book i saw a post saying they'd both be in there. Not sure if it's true though.
bethnor
Buddha

Post by bethnor »

i figured something along those lines--be careful, someone later on in that exact thread says something that attack of the kraken will not be in there, IIRC.

so far, the only thing that is 100% reliable about what goes in brian's book are the things he indicates in his flickr (he comments on some of his recent folds on whether or not they are diagrammed and will appear) and on his facebook page (under discussions).
Last edited by bethnor on December 23rd, 2010, 8:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

Yeah, seen those on his flickr. I'll check the thread again to see.
Thanks. :wink:
Edit: Where is that topic? Can't seem to find it...
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Bethnor- Josh can see into the future.
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Well, I met Brian at the Italian convention this year and he explicitly stated that the Attack of the Kraken diagrams will be inside his book.
joshuaorigami
Buddha

Post by joshuaorigami »

That's awesome! Though i'd buy the book even if it had just the diagrams for this chimp in it. :D
maxdanger

Re:

Post by maxdanger »

origami_8 wrote:Well, I met Brian at the Italian convention this year and he explicitly stated that the Attack of the Kraken diagrams will be inside his book.
Did he say what else is going to be in the book?
jmweir

Re: Brian Chan Chimpanzee (CP)

Post by jmweir »

Hello smart people!

Between this forum thread and flickr, I can see that many talented folders have accomplished this lovely model. While I accomplished collapsing something, I've struggled for a few hours just with how the head should come together. Obviously if you just put in the box pleating creases here you can flatten a single color changed flap. What I've not been able to do is get the model back to a flat state after beginning to introduce the creases from the tip inward that arrange the facial features. My paper has also become very small at this point but mainly I'm striving just to get the major folds to fall into place so that I can start to devise the folding sequence for the entire model before I try it again out of larger paper.

So with all that said, does anyone have any advice to share about collapsing the chimp's head and face? Thanks kindly!