Robert Lang - Model Topics

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
krishnaorigamiman

Re: Robert Lang - Model Topics

Post by krishnaorigamiman »

hey, i am new to the forum I was having trouble with understanding how to collapse Robert j langs emperor scorpion please could you tell me how to,and please don't be mad if I posted in the wrong disscussion
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Hello and welcome on board. I take it you're speaking about this Crease Pattern: https://langorigami.com/crease-pattern/ ... -opus-593/
May I ask how experienced you are with CPs? This is not exactly the easiest CP to start with. I myself would start collapsing the main pleats around the middle part of the model working my way outwards. Maybe you can show us a picture of what you have and where you are stuck.
jxu

Post by jxu »

I have folded most of the previous models in The Complete Book of Origami, but I cannot for the life of me figure out the un-flat petal-fold like creases of steps 10-11 for the Pegasus. The chance anyone has made this model and reads this is slim, but any help would be appreciated.

Commentator's curse/blessing: Right after posting this I believe I figured out the folds with a larger sheet of paper. Effectively the top petal fold has to lie flat and this causes the bottom point of the petal to be misaligned with the fold and create a flap along with new mountain and valley folds I believe. This is very unintuitive and the diagram doesn't help much.
Last edited by jxu on December 27th, 2022, 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.