I have some problem with Charles Esseltine's dragon

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
khun_parinya

I have some problem with Charles Esseltine's dragon

Post by khun_parinya »

I have some problem with Charles Esseltine's dragon in flight 2.5 same other peoples who need to fold it :'-(

I need the diagram to explain between step 42 and 43 (I think it has 42.1, 42.2, 42.3, etc.). ^o^ I'm sure that it has some secrets to hided at there.

I have seen some topic in this forum discuss about this diagram.

some topic links to http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... ht=charles

or http://www.youtube.com/?v=ohkTOHvuRLU

but when I had gone to those links :'-( They were expired (I mean pictures expired or media expired or storage expired)

Could you please post the permanent pictures or movies to explain it?

Please feel free to answer me. ^o^ ^-^

Thank you
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

If you already know that there are existing topics, why do you open up a new one instead of replying there?
I will upload the video once again and post a reply and update the link when it´s ready.

By the way, welcome to the Forum Image
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Here comes the video:
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ohkTOHvuRLU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>
khun_parinya

^-^ Thank you for answer but still incorrect with my point

Post by khun_parinya »

^o^ Thank you.

I have already seen your macromedia flash clip but when I was looking it I just know that It was a 44th-45th not 42th-43th (I was opening a diagram e-book to compare your media too)

44th-45th are future steps for me ^-^ I still not go to there.

But thank you for 44th-45th because I think, I maybe come to ask you again when go to there.

Please feel free to answer my question about 42th-43th.

Thank you so much
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Hi, it would be helpful if you could post a link to the diagrams you are using, because as far as I know there are two different versions of the diagrams for this dragon around, one in B/W and one in green, and they might have a different numbering scheme for the steps.
In the diagrams I am using the Steps 42-43 are just to swing some flaps around, without any new creases being added.
khun_parinya

Sorry for lost information :'-)

Post by khun_parinya »

Now I am using the diagram from http://www.geocities.com/origamiguy1971 ... on_2_5.pdf

It was the green color.

In this diagram. It explained that ....

42.) Fold the inner layer up on the front and back of each wing.

then

43.) Fold down the front and back layers

Have you seen in diagram? I am very confused :'-( because on 42nd I've seen that a pyramid corner hidden behind a tail but when I past to look at 43rd I found that a pyramid corner sent to back and a tail bring to front.

How we can fold it? ^-^ very hard for me!!!

I need to cease the 43rd step and skip it ^o^ but I fear that it maybe usage by another step too.

^o^ i think, i am a beginner for understand the symbols of diagram and for guess the diagram
khun_parinya

Sorry !!!!

Post by khun_parinya »

:shock: I reply lost message to you it should be changed from

"Have you seen in diagram? I am very confused :'-( because on 42nd I've seen that a pyramid corner hidden behind a tail but when I past to look at 43rd I found that a pyramid corner sent to back and a tail bring to front. "

to....

"Have you seen in diagram? I am very confused :'-( because on 42nd I've seen that a pyramid corner hidden behind a tail but when I past to look at 43rd I found that a pyramid corner bring to front and a tail sent to back."

Instead ^o^
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

You can edit your messages after you sent them by clicking on "Edit" in the top right corner of your message.
khun_parinya

^-^ ^o^

Post by khun_parinya »

Thank you origami_8. I just see a "Edit" link. ^-^

By the way, Are your clear about my question?

^o^ Please feel free to answer me ^-^ I alway say this sentence.

By the way again

I need to know that why we cannot upload & post the permanent pictures to this site? I think It's better than re-direct or link to another site.

:'-( when we link it always was expired
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Here's a video for the steps 42-43, I hope they are no problem to you now anymore.
<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WSam6BGE3no" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Concerning uploading pictures to this forum.... I have never heard of (i.e. I have never been to) a forum where you can actually upload pictures.
If you want a place to permanently host your pictures I would suggest imageshack. Also check this thread about where to upload and how to view pictures in this forum (and actually any other forum as well).

So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
khun_parinya

^-^ Thank you very much

Post by khun_parinya »

^o^ Thank you very much. I just cleared when I have seen your movie.

I doubt a long time that 42-43 step has some secrets that hidden in diagrams :'-)

but now ^o^ Nothing. ^-^ Clear ^-^

By the way

^-^ Forum in Thailand have the storage to stored the pictures we can upload a picture to there too.

But that forum are not using a phpBB forum engines. They have developed forum engines by themself.

You can go to there "http://www.pantip.com" but It's a Thai language forum and everybody talk Thai only . ^o^

Thai language usage in Thailand country only

^o^ Only 64 millions peoples in the world using this language.

I think you never know about Thailand before. ^o^ sure
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Fore sure we all have heard of Thailand before and maybe some of us have visited it too.
Uploading pictures to a forum means that the forum needs a lot of webspace and this webspace isn´t free. Who do think would pay for it? If we would like a forum where we can upload as many pictures as we want, we would have to pay for it. This forum is for free, so you don´t have the possibility to upload pictures here, but you always have the possibilty to upload them elsewhere and link to them, I think that´s fair enough.
Another thing: Please don´t use that many smileys, see 5th forum Rule.
Last thing: If you want to post a link don´t highlight it using quotation marks. If the Link is written without any surrounding symbols it will be clickable. If you want to put it inside a parenthesis, highlight the link and click on "URL".
khun_parinya

I just read a rules!!!

Post by khun_parinya »

I am sorry. I don't know this forum have a serious rules.
I will be following with every rules.
I will use a search dialog to search every topics before ask the members.
I have to be careful.

by the way,

I will spend 1 week for folding the Dragon Flight 2.5 then if it will has finished. I will take its picture and show you.

Thank you origami_8. :wink:
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

origami_8 wrote:For sure we all have heard of Thailand before and maybe some of us have visited it too.
Some of us live practically next door. :)

Anna, would it help if you duplicate your photo uploading how-to sticky to the General and Diagram forums as well? Judging by the number of times posts have been read, it would seem that not many new forum members visit the How-to forum before posting in the General and Diagram ones.
khun_parinya

Reply Reply

Post by khun_parinya »

I agree sir .... wolf :o

by the way

I have finished to folding the Dragon Flight 2.5. It was a ugly dragon for me. I think another persons can be done better than me.

I still not take a dragon's photo to show you origami_8 :wink: because last night I have done it and today I have to work at office.

I was using a magazine's book paper for folded it. I thought we should use a general paper for first time to fold so I chose that paper, but now I just know that a magazine's book paper is thick and difficult to folded.

Next time I should use a foil paper if I can find them in a marketplace.