I have some problem with Charles Esseltine's dragon

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
origami_8
Administrator

Re: Reply Reply

Post by origami_8 »

khun_parinya wrote:I agree sir .... wolf
Wolf isn´t a sir ;)
khun_parinya wrote:Next time I should use a foil paper if I can find them in a marketplace.
I fear you won´t find anything useful in a marketplace, it will be best to make it yourself. Read this topic on how to make tissue foil: http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.ph ... ght=tissue
khun_parinya

Ok show the dragon

Post by khun_parinya »

I come :)

Thank you origami_8. I just visited the topic you´ve linked to, to see a tissue foil making theory but I only previewed it because I am connecting to an internet via dialup modem. it's slow, its speed is only 33.6 kbps so I will go to watch it at my office on Monday again.

Now I have posted my picture to show you, ugly dragon :?

[img]http://www.bloggang.com/data/khun-parin ... 795615.jpg[/img]

How about it?

by the way

I don't know before that we have the 2 groups art of paperfolding

first is paperfolding that following a diagram and second is making a foil paper for folding

Have fun
Last edited by khun_parinya on December 17th, 2005, 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I quote a person from another topic:
TheOmnipotentJuggler wrote:I do not understand step 17 in this diagram. If anyone can help me with this I would appreciate it. I did the petal fold but I cannot seem to unwrap the outer layers, I am not sure what this means but i know it's not working. Please help, thanks!
Do as written: Partially unfold the model and free the trapped layer on the front, that´s a little bit tricky, but not really hard. As soon as you´ve done so refold the model letting the freed layer unfolded.
cybermystic

Post by cybermystic »

Khun, while you may feel yours is ugly, I feel that the office paper adds a little something to the wings. I think I've folded this one a hundred times, and all of them ended up looking a little differant.

On the other hand, it's one of the more commented on models I keep around. Any way you fold it, it just looks cool.
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

can someone please help me on steps 27 and 28 please please please please
Brendan
Life is too short to be serious, laugh it up.
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

Instead of answering "google is your friend" to interesting questions, and asking 3 times in 2 differents topics the same question, you should try to do some easier models or get some fresh air outside.
And the fact that you are 13 is not an excuse.
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

i never said being 13 was a good excuse and i asked three times because i asked once one month and four days ago and the other two cause i thought i should put my question in the original topic once i realized thee one i did post in was the one i created and people on here aleays tell me to post in the original topic instead of creating a new one so anyway i am sorry for upsetting u and everyone else i might have upset :cry:
Brendan
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Hey, I'm completely new to this forum, registered just to post this; it seems a useful place. I too, can't quite see what's happening between steps 27 and 28. I'm probably just missing something obvious, since I can do the rest of the folds in my head and see how pretty much all of them work, but any explanation to save me a while of puzzlement on this part would be appreciated.

Thanks
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Welcome to the forum Image

These steps are a bit hard to explain, you have to completely pull out the
inner layers and wrap them around to the front. I'll try to take some pictures later since it will be easier to explain that way :-)
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

thank u that would be very helpful
Brendan
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Ohhhhhhhhh, that's so much better. I was turning the entire side inside out, so that inside edge instead of staying in the same place one layer up was getting sent all the way back to the center. (Which makes the diamond in the center completely inaccessible when you make the squash folds later on.)

That's what I get for using wax paper, I can't tell what side is which.
origamiguy1971

Dragon Colors

Post by origamiguy1971 »

Daydreamer wrote:Hi, it would be helpful if you could post a link to the diagrams you are using, because as far as I know there are two different versions of the diagrams for this dragon around, one in B/W and one in green, and they might have a different numbering scheme for the steps.
They are the same. Just different colors for different printers.

CPE
origamiguy1971

Steps 27 & 28

Post by origamiguy1971 »

Ah Step 27! I get more questions about that one. Once you get it, you sort of smack your head. It really rather easy. But it's one of those harder ‘to say’, than ‘to do’ types.

Here is a hint for steps 27 & 28: Do them both at the same time. Partially open the model out so that you can see the border edge last seen in step 21. This is the trapped paper referred in the directions.

This is NOT an intermediate model. It is complex, and has some tricky folds.

CPE

Tissue foil, or Japanese Foil is the best for folding. But you could try wet folding some of the thicker materials.
Here are some pics of one I did in FABRIC foil. MUCH thicker than normal paper:

[img]http://www.geocities.com/origamiguy1971/Dragon01.JPG[/img]
[img]http://www.geocities.com/origamiguy1971/Dragon04.JPG[/img]
rokonacdc

Post by rokonacdc »

thank you that helped a lot and those dragons u posted are really cool 8)
Brendan
Lux Aeterna

Post by Lux Aeterna »

Well, finished the first try. And, it turns out wax paper is a poor medium for models like this. Maybe it's just because wax paper and 80 degree weather don't mix so well, maybe it's me. Any tips on how to keep wax paper models from getting all floppy when you're making small folds? (Like, the face on mine is there, but kind of a mess.)