Satoshi Kamiya - Eagle Ray

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
vinheim3

Post by vinheim3 »

it might help to use a pencil to mark the 3x3 grid, then fold normally, extending creases. I didn't use a pencil, I just folded the borders of the 3x3 grid. Post whatever step you're stuck on.
romane

Post by romane »

vinheim3 wrote:it might help to use a pencil to mark the 3x3 grid, then fold normally, extending creases. I didn't use a pencil, I just folded the borders of the 3x3 grid. Post whatever step you're stuck on.
i did that, but now i'm stuck on step 30 :-k
Robert Lang: You take an idea, combine it with a square, and you get an origami figure.
vinheim3

Post by vinheim3 »

You should be working with a diamond-shape paper closer to a square than the diagram shows on its back. In this petal fold, make sure to fold all the paper at the top to the middle rather than the bottom. I'll post pics if you don't get it.
romane

Post by romane »

it would be very helpful if you post some pictures :)
Robert Lang: You take an idea, combine it with a square, and you get an origami figure.
vinheim3

Post by vinheim3 »

ok im back from holiday. Hopefully, you've already figured out how to do step 30. It's easy, instead of the finished petal fold looking like a diamond after, it should look like this: (without the -)
--/
-/--
-_/
romane

Post by romane »

hmmm.. i still don't get it :|
Jonybb

Satoshi Kamiya - Eagle Ray

Post by Jonybb »

I managed to fold the Eagle Ray from a 15 x 15 sheet in about one hour. It's pretty hard, especially the squashing and crimping is a challenge.help,
If anyone needs help, i'll try to help :)
TvVtje

Re: Satoshi Kamiya - Eagle Ray

Post by TvVtje »

Can someone try to explain step 18 to me, i saw the diagrams on top of this threat, but that doesnt make any sense to me.

Grtz TvVtje