I need help with a calla lily

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
mad9999

I need help with a calla lily

Post by mad9999 »

Hi, I'm new here and I need some help with folding this calla lily http://www.origami-cdo.it/modelli/models.htm by Paola Scaburri, I'm stuck in step 7, but I would apreaciated if someone would guide me through, please. Thank's.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

I wanted to help you but even though I searched through that page i could not find the diagram you mentin. The only calla I found was by Nilva Fina Pillan and step 7 is so simple you can mot be stuck at it.

Be more specific. Even better provide the direct link and I (or someone else in this forum) might be able to help you
mad9999

Post by mad9999 »

Ok, here is the link that takes you to the diagram in PDF: http://www.origami-cdo.it/ospiti/pdf/1999-08.pdf

Here is the link to the model index: http://www.origami-cdo.it/modelli/models.htm

And if you Google "origami calla flower" in images, you get the link to it too. Hey you know what, I think it is the one you mention! It says Di Nilva Fina Pillan, but once you open the PDF you find the name I mention in one of the pages, i'm not an advanced paper folder so I would really apreciate any help.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

So you mean the second diagram on that page? That one is for the leave only, the flower is still the first diagram on the page.

Step 7 of the leave tells you to thin the lower point by folding in half its two parts. You do it towards the inside so it does not show. Repeat that on the other side.

Any more questions?
Daydreamer

Post by Daydreamer »

Just as a side note:
This model is really by Nilva Pillan.
"disegni di Paola Scaburri" means that the diagrams are drawn by Paola Scaburri
So long and keep folding ^_^
Gerwin
mad9999

Post by mad9999 »

Ok, thank's, its for the flower, but the problem is that after step 8, in step 9 it has two arrows to the left of the diagram pointing downward, is that a mountain fold? And instep 10 is the sheet of paper flat? There is no tips or written steps, that´s why I get stuck there.... :cry:
Can anyone write the steps? This is really for my girlfriend who's a sucker for callalilies so you guys might know that I HAVE TO KNOW HOW TO DO THIS.... :oops:
Friet

Post by Friet »

I haven't tried the model but after looking at the diagrams I'd say that there's another horizontal valley fold below the diagonal mountain fold. I think the vertical valley fold line should not be completely flattented, but folded at a 90 degree angle. So the model wouldn't be flat. The fold in step 10 will lock the layer folded down in step 9. And step 11 will flatten the model again.

I hope that helps. :)
mad9999

Post by mad9999 »

Wow! You have no idea how usful that was! Thank's! Igot it, although it's still very sloppy :roll: , but I can get it better as I memorize the steps. :lol: Now I'll go for the stem (or leaf), Can anyone explain steps 4-6? :?:
Alexandre

Post by Alexandre »

4 valley fold on the dotted lines !
5 fold in half but open a middle thanks to the step 4
6 pull the two ends

you should try easier models ( if you can find something easier ;) )
mad9999

Post by mad9999 »

Mmm... I´m still having problems with the stem... I don't quite get what the dotted lines in step 6 mean and so forth, in the end is the leaf supposed to be flat? Because I did it some what sloppy but I think I messed up in one of the steps... (I'm so close to getting it, please be patient :lol: )
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Step six? that is just a valley fold. do you mean eight?

If you just pay Close attention to all the fold lines (not the exisiting creases) but the fold lines (i.e. mountain valley) then the whole this will come together.

keep working at it.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
mad9999

Post by mad9999 »

Hi, it's me again, i've been offline for a while :( so first of all 'd like to thank averyone in this post for helping me out :) , i can do the flower already but i still have problems with the stem :x , i really don't know how to get it right. The problem is from step 4 and on....in step 4 the doted lines mean to valley fold and in step 5 when I fold it in half it makes a triangle in the bottom but then what do the lines mean in step 6? the dotted lines mean there're some folds inthe back that you can't see? and the bold lines mean unfold? And finally in step 7 the black line downwards means to push down something? I'd really apreciate any help, i'm really a begginer in folding so please try to be as specific in your replies :wink: , thanks again!
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

In step four: Vally fold on angle bisectors.
Step five: mountain fold on teh same creas you made in step three.
Step six: means to pull out the bottom flap. You are going to grab where the first white arrow is, then grab the bottom flap, and slide out the bottom, so it is at the x-ray line in the diagrams. the two line that look like they come out of teh bottom flap are just that, they are x-ray lines showing where the flap is inside the model. the crease halfway down, is a mountain/valley fold (mountain on the side futhest from you, valley on the side closest).
If you want to omit step six, then make two more creases halfway down from the creases made in step four.

Hope you get the idea.

And if you still don't get it, then fold for a few more years, and you should be able to intupret the diagrams. :)
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
in4mer

Post by in4mer »

hi people,

i'm new to the board. I would like to know how to make this. mad9999, if you can send me some photos of the steps, that would be so great. I have difficulty reading these diagrams. I don't get them. I've been staring at them for hours. I just see arrows and geometric shapes.

I was able to make the leaf, mad9999, we can "exchange" the steps :P... looks almost like it. I think it's good enough. I have another "easier" way of making a leaf but it's for a tulip. I also use it for a rose. Similar starting. Let me know if you want it.
mad9999

Sure thing!

Post by mad9999 »

What's up in4mer, iv'e been out for sometime (not drunk, doing school work! :roll: ) so I hadn't seen your post until a few days ago. Sure, i'll send you some photos, just give me your e-mail or how or where do I post them. Here´s mine pvw9999 AT gmail DOT com

E-mail edited by Moderator