Help with Cerberus -Origami Sourcebook

Need help with folding a model? Ask here.
stonedonspam

Help with Cerberus -Origami Sourcebook

Post by stonedonspam »

I have been trying to make the Cerberus from the Origami Source Book written by Jay Ansill, and I am having some trouble. I cannot figure out step 10, and it is the smallest diagram for the Cerberus too. I think I did the left "sink" correctly, but I am stuck with the right one. Any help would be appreciated.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

It looks like both the folds are a cross between an inside reverse fold, swivel fold. the folds, once compleated, should touch the crease indicated.
Asian Rice- The best in the business...
Flickr Photos
stonedonspam

Post by stonedonspam »

I think I get what you are saying... Well, I'll go try that. Thanks.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Did you ever get this?
Flickr Photos
stonedonspam

Post by stonedonspam »

Sorry I wasn't able to get on yesterday, but I'm having a little bit of trouble still. I'm going to remake what I have folded so far, because I think a tiny bit of the problem is with the creases I have made. Also, thank you for the advice; there was a little confusion with the arrow above the design. The book the arrow indicates you to either push in, sink, squash, or use a reverse fold... and I was sinking it. I will be doing this all over again, and I'll try to get back to you again when I have completed it. Thanks.
Aznman

Post by Aznman »

Step ten is definantly not a sink or squash.

Let me clarify what a said. Step ten is really just a reverse fold. when you valley fold one of the far edges to the center line, the closer edge follows and mountain folds. this is a swivelfold, and reverse fold together.
Flickr Photos
stonedonspam

Post by stonedonspam »

Yesterday, I was staring at it for about a minute, when I realized what I was doing wrong. It seems simplier than I was making it. I was trying to do a few folds at once, and i think that was why I wasn't getting what was shown in the book. Thanks for your help.