Unicorn designs

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Jorram

Unicorn designs

Post by Jorram »

Hi all and happy new year,

I am looking for good unicorn designs
I am particularly interested in how to find diagram for Quentin Trollip's model:

which is just awesome. Is it diagrammed anywhere? This is the thing that might really make me try to learn cp-folding as well, if at least a CP could be found :) According to Gilad's site he's got one book but the unicorn is not there, not even the older version.

The other best models I've seen:

1) Of course Satoshi Kamiya's unicorn is way too cool, it's the one of the bunch i had the diagram for and folded

(not my fold)

2) Roman Diaz' last unicorn (the layered hair one)

I think this one is going to be diagrammed in Diaz next book (Origami Essence or something?)

Anyway, anybody know any other good unicorn model want to share? And it would be really helpful if you could give me some idea where to find instruction for Trollip's one
topsu

Post by topsu »

Well, you might have some luck with Quentin's one, since he's an active member of the forum. I'm not completely sure if the CP is somewhere, I'd try browsing trough his gallery here and contacting him if you can't find anything.
Jorram

Post by Jorram »

Thanks really :)

I had such hopes too. I tried contacting him by his website contact form but no luck there. Doubt if there is a diagram though :?

i'm not really good at cp yet
Last edited by Jorram on January 5th, 2010, 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
franz

Post by franz »

at the moment I´m folding diaz´ unicorn out of origami for interpreters. a colleague of mine needed one as an "addition" for a christmas gift. then my daughter also wanted a unicorn family :D

it has become one of my favourite models.
franz
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Hi Jorram
Sorry, there is no cp or diagrams for that Unicorn yet.
In fact it's one of the models that gives me the most headaches to diagram, but one day I will diagram it.

Also, why do you have the same avatar as me?
Quentin
Jorram

Post by Jorram »

Thank you for posting back :)
If any time in the future you can give any advice on how to fold the unicorn, please have me in mind.

Sorry about the avatar, I didnt know you were using it too, in fact I didnt realize this is probably some sort of copyright problem I just liked the picture (it's awesome, please have another round of congratulations). Apologies for this!

once again, thanks for getting back to my question
qtrollip
Forum Sensei

Post by qtrollip »

Hi Jorram
No, the avatar is no problem, it was just confusing. After a while on the forum you get to know people's pictures, so it was just confusing and not a copyright problem at all!
Anyway, yes I'll work on that Unicorn sometime in the future.
Greetings
Quentin
kauiou

Post by kauiou »

I am sorry to say that I found the unicorns pictured in the first and second diagrams pretty boring. But I liked the one in the third diagram. It has got good finishing. Anyway I will be free this weekend and I have decided to dedicate my time to make my own unicorn. If successful I will be posting pictures of it.
hello