origami scissors?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
mst3k

origami scissors?

Post by mst3k »

Looking to make a pair of scissors folded in origami, so far I have only found 2 models but looking for more options. It's especially hard to search for origami scissors because most internet hits don't understand I want to actually make scissors as the model, nearly all the hits are for things describing origami as not cutting the paper with scissors, etc
roodborst
Forum Sensei

Re: origami scissors?

Post by roodborst »

In last years odt someone made sciccors. Balto if I am correct. Do a search here on the forum and pm the designer you might get lucky.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

That's a perfect work case for the Origami Database: http://www.origamidatabase.com/
marsch

Post by marsch »

I recently designed scissors as part of a challenge (Guess The Game) in the German forum:
http://www.origami-forum.de/board1-orig ... l/#post958

(AFAIK you have to be logged in in the German forum to view the picture. I don't know if it's possible to attach the picture in this thread and I don't have an external server to store it. Sorry.)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

I don't remember doing scissors for the ODT, but all you have to do is sink the tip of a waterbomb base several times (8ths should work) and reverse-fold two of the flaps for a color change. Then just curve them around and lock them into themselves for handles. The other two flaps serve as the blades.

I would post a picture, but I don't have access to Flickr at the moment.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr