Best Complex Angel?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
EvilSanta

Best Complex Angel?

Post by EvilSanta »

Hello, I've been looking for a nice complex angel to fold... I have 80x80 paper (and smaller), I'm not that great with collapsing CPs yet, so I would like diagrams or a video. If the diagrams not be LEGALLY found online, please post the title of the book they can be found in. If it is a video or online diagrams(make sure they are legal ;) ), then please post the link.
Thank you!
Edg

Re: Best Complex Angel?

Post by Edg »

Tadashi Mori has a video tutorial for his very nice Angel 3.0. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Y9ww8F ... E98HOnQ-8g
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Langko has an amazing angel model with a CP on his Flickr. It's fairly straightforward, and I might be able to help you with it.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
EvilSanta

Post by EvilSanta »

Baltorigamist wrote:Langko has an amazing angel model with a CP on his Flickr. It's fairly straightforward, and I might be able to help you with it.
That does look very nice... But I suck with CPs... I may give it a try though(With smaller paper first). Some parts look easier, I may need help with some of the harder parts(towards the top).
Langko

Post by Langko »

Baltorigamist wrote:Langko has an amazing angel model with a CP on his Flickr.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm glad you like it :)
EvilSanta wrote:That does look very nice... But I suck with CPs... I may give it a try though(With smaller paper first). Some parts look easier, I may need help with some of the harder parts(towards the top).
If you're a beginner with cps I wouldn't really recommend it... It took me 7 hours to collapse and much more on top of that to shape it nicely. But if you are up for the challenge I will be happy to try and help you out. You will need a large (I used 95cm) and thin square of paper as the flaps get very thick, mainly the arm with the cross. The hardest part of the collapse is the middle points in the centre of the cp, but since these become the hair it is not very important on how cleanly collapsed the part of the model is.
Here is a photo I never posted on flickr... It shown what the back of the model looks like :)

The only limit in origami is your imagination and your patience
My Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/langko/
EvilSanta

Post by EvilSanta »

Langko wrote:
Baltorigamist wrote:Langko has an amazing angel model with a CP on his Flickr.
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm glad you like it :)
EvilSanta wrote:That does look very nice... But I suck with CPs... I may give it a try though(With smaller paper first). Some parts look easier, I may need help with some of the harder parts(towards the top).
If you're a beginner with cps I wouldn't really recommend it... It took me 7 hours to collapse and much more on top of that to shape it nicely. But if you are up for the challenge I will be happy to try and help you out. You will need a large (I used 95cm) and thin square of paper as the flaps get very thick, mainly the arm with the cross. The hardest part of the collapse is the middle points in the centre of the cp, but since these become the hair it is not very important on how cleanly collapsed the part of the model is.
Here is a photo I never posted on flickr... It shown what the back of the model looks like :)

Thanks for the pics and info, I laid off the CP for now... I decided I'd work on practicing my CPs before I even attempt at the model, though it looks VERY nice, and will try as soon as I get experienced with CPs. Lately I've solving a few CPs a day, to try and get a hold of folding them. I'd very much appreciate it if you'd help me out later on when I'm up for the challenge.
Thank You!