Four Gods Origami text instructions.

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Jeffery Mewtamer

Four Gods Origami text instructions.

Post by Jeffery Mewtamer »

For those unfamiliar, the four Gods are a mythological motif that show up quite frequently in works of East Asian Origin. Using their Japanese names, the 4 are:

Genbu, the black Tortoise/Turtle of the North(sometimes portrayed with two snake-like heads).
Byako, the White Tiger of the West
Seiryu, the Blue Dragon of the East
Suzaku, the Red Phoenix/Sparrow of the South

If someone could direct me to text instructions(my vision is far too poor for me to follow diagrams or crease patterns) for models suitable for representing the Four Gods, it would be greatly appreciated. Please note that, since these are from East Asian origina(Chinese if I remember correctly), Seiryu would be better represented by a Chinese-style dragon rather than a European-style dragon.

Also, it would be nice if the four models could be folded from the same size paper(I was aiming for either 30cm Origami paper or A3 copy paper as my material) while having the finished mdoels be of similiar size.

I don't mind if the models are sourced from paid sources, but please note that I can't read printed materials, so printed books are a no go.
Just so you know, I'm blind.
greencube07

Re: Four Gods Origami text instructions.

Post by greencube07 »

Before replying, I'd like to correct two mistakes written in your statement.
First of all, it's not 'the four gods', it's 'five'. You forgot to put 'Hwangnyong(the yellow dragon)'. So 'the five gods' is 四神獸(方位神-左靑龍,右白虎,前朱雀,後玄武) at the four sides and 黃龍 at the middle.
The second mistake is that you wrote wrong about the origin.
Of course, it is usually told in the history class that this is originated by the Chinese 五行的 天文說, but it's actually all common for almost all the Eastern countries, so it should be known to have lost the origin in the past.
Anyway, as you have searched for the models, comparing to the reality,yes, there aren't really many models of that around. However, there are diagrams and cps anyway so if you need it, send me a pm so that I could send you in email.