Tessellations to Practice

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Tessellations to Practice

Post by chesscuber98 »

As you know, the next IOIO is coming up. Every year, the tessellations continue to be my weak link (never mind the corrugation). I was wondering if someone could suggest a comprehensive list of tessellations that can prepare me for whatever the IOIO decides to throw.
Baltorigamist

Re: Tessellations to Practice

Post by Baltorigamist »

Eric Gjerde's book Origami Tessellations is a good place to start, I think. And you could always look up some on the Internet and try to reverse-engineer them. I have a couple pretty easy ones on my Flickr that I wouldn't mind you trying out.
I've never done the IOIO, so I don't know the exact format. But I hope this helps.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Sara Adams has some basic tessellation videos that can get you started. As soon as you are familiar with the most common tessellation techniques you should be good to go.
http://www.happyfolding.com -> go to "Videos" and set the model type to "Tessellations and Fractals"
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

@Balto, Thanks for the immediate reply! Basically the Olympiad booklet contains 3 Tesselations. Usually one of them is from a hexagon and one really complex. They give you CPs for all of them. Sometimes they give you a guided collapse.
The library at Japan foundation has Eric's book. Maybe I'll try to get that.

@Anna, Thank you for the suggestion. I seem to have done all of these except the celtic circles. I'll probably try that.