Colour change origami

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Andre-4

Colour change origami

Post by Andre-4 »

I want a colour change pill bug but I've no clue how to adapt the models available...
Grace159

Re: Colour change origami

Post by Grace159 »

It depends on where you want the colour change. The easiest way would be for you to start with a longer rectangle [.....] -> [........] fold the paper back on itself to the original required dimensions and you will have the front half one colour and the second slightly thicker that normal half another colour.

If you want to work it out yourself the first step would be to fold the model out of non expensive paper. Then trace the edges of every section exposed top and bottom next use different patterns i.e. crosshatch and circles to fill in the desired colour pattern. Then unfold completely.

You will now have a blueprint of where the sections you want to change are on the original crease pattern.

Play.

Alternatively you could then use this blueprint to print paper in the required colours and hey presto instant colour change pill bug.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

That's probably because none of the available models permit such modifications.
I've just designed a model that should meet your criteria. The CP is here:
ImagePill Bug CP by Baltorigamist, on Flickr
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

Hello..
I havent been on much this year but ivebeen on twitter and fb ...doing activities there ...excuse me if ive forgotten to reply but better late than never however i appreciate you mapping out a new c.p..
Ive downloaded a few of your schemes and the wheel bug is another one i want to tackle..
Get back to me ...ive no where to start