Butterfly ornament fold

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
folding101

Butterfly ornament fold

Post by folding101 »

The website fabricorigami.com has a butterfly ornament in the kit section of the site. I was wondering if anyone knows how this fold is done. I am new to folding but it looks to me like there are pleat like folds on the one side. Can someone tell me or direct me how to do this? Thank-you JB
saj

Post by saj »

Doesn't look like I have seen diagrams for this anywhere, but it seems to be two Preliminary bases slotted in together, with one of them pleated to create the effect. Glue may be used, but that doesn't really bother me!

Welcome to the board!

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
folding101

Post by folding101 »

Thanks saj but when you say basic this and pleated that it is all greek to me. I am not only a beginner but haven't folded anything difficult yet. That ornament just really caught my eye, so I decided to ask you experts. Looks like I will learn alot here and everyone seems to talk so nice to each other. Hope someone comes up with how that is done or I just may have to buy it and have a go at it. thanks again jb
stuckie27

Post by stuckie27 »

here is my sloppy attempt at making diagrams, no glue is needed.http://www.themountainfold.com/paul/dia ... agrams.htm
folding101

Post by folding101 »

Thanks stuckie. I think I will try that. Have you seen the butterfly that I was talking about? Isn't it beautiful? Do you think maybe someone like me who never has done a hard fold might be able to accomplish that? I am going to try and just hope I don't die laughing at my finished product. thanks again stuckie JB
saj

Post by saj »

Hi again,

I'm assuming you're referring to this page:

http://www.fabricorigami.com/shop/butterfly_orn.html.

Stuckie has made the diagrams for you - I am sure that now you should be able to fold the ornament.

Having just browsed the site in a bit more detail I too am fascinated at the creativity of the artists - the giraffe box is amazing - see below:

If you still have problems, please ask!

saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.