Database 100'000 searches

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
snkhan
Administrator

Database 100'000 searches

Post by snkhan »

Hello everyone,

The Origami Database has now been searched 100,000 times.

This seems like a good point to have a mini-report on what's going on with the database.

Firstly we'd like to thank everyone for supporting and using the database and for your many kind words over the past months.

Coming soon:-
There are plans afoot for some modifications to the website/database to make it easier to use and even more useful. Amongst these are quick web-only searches, quick category searchs and links to any websites found in searches.

Plans:-
By the end of this year I am hoping that the database will contain 25,000+ models of which all will be categorised and at least 25% will have photographs attached.

This seems like a suitable point to put out my usual cry for more data. Diagram details from books, magazines and websites are still required. If you have something that isn't in the database, please, please, please take a few minutes to add it. My biggest concerns with magazines are that 'Le Pli' is not represented at all and 'The Paper' is hardly represented. Any assitance with these items would be much appreciated. Also website owners, if your website isn't on then please add the models, or if your website has been updated, please remember to add the new diagrams to the database.

Also I would like photographs (or permission to use them from your website!!). Note that I may require a fair amount of info about the photo. It won't be enough to say 'Elephant' or even 'Elephant by John Montroll'. In many cases I may even need to know which book it's from.

Once again, thank you all and keep using the database!

The ODB Team.
http://www.origamidatabase.com