Aloe Vera, anyone?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
cherry_chocolate

Aloe Vera, anyone?

Post by cherry_chocolate »

Hello, I'm a 18 year old from Singapore. ^_^ Nice to meet everyone! I happen to be looking for instructions on how to fold the aloe vera, can anyone help? Thank you~
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

aloe vera?
can you give me closer informations?

Christian
cherry_chocolate

ummm... actually it was shown on a Pokka Aloe Vera drink advertisement. The origami, i mean.Was wondering if there's anyone who actually folded the likeness of an aloe vera plant before...
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

mentioning advertisements in a international forum seem quite futile to me :)

it shouldn't be too hard to make an aloe vera plant... at least without the bloom.

I checked the database for it, but did not got any positive results.

Christian
rockmanex6

Post by rockmanex6 »

Meguro, Floder :D
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

TheRealChris wrote:mentioning advertisements in a international forum seem quite futile to me :)
Oh, you never know, even in the most obscure forums, there <i>might just</i> be a handful of people coming from the poster's country who <i>might just</i> know what the post is about... :D

In any case, I haven't had a chance to take a good look at the advert in question, but it doesn't seem like a single piece, rather just a bunch of individual narrowed leaf shapes put together.
Brimstone
Buddha

Post by Brimstone »

ODS shows a sea urchin that might pass for an aloe vera plant. It is portrayed on page 60 image 4.8. (final model and CP)

The CP shows that the square has to be divided in 64 smaller squares. Each group of 4 of these smaller squares makes a bird base. Between 4 bird bases there is one frog base.

I think this pattern is obtained by triple blintzing a square and then doing a frog base. From there you obtain 25 flaps that you can arrange to resemble an aloe vera plant
cherry_chocolate

thanks all =D and yes, about the advert, i noticed the same thing... which was why i was reluctant to speak of it in the first place. ^_^;; wolf >> really? *looks dismayed* and i thought it was such a neat piece of origami... >_<;;