How to make an origami longhorn!!!!!

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
nguyen2win

How to make an origami longhorn!!!!!

Post by nguyen2win »

I am trying to make an origami longhorn. Can anyone help me with this???? My husband went to University of Texas and is a big fan. For Father's Day I would like to make him a Longhorn to add to his collection of Longhorns.
Thanks
Nguyen 2 Win
wolf
Forum Sensei

Post by wolf »

Hello and welcome!

The appropriate place to post your request would be under "Diagrams", this section is for questions on using the forum itself. Anyhoo...there's a bull's head designed by Daniel Naranjo which you can find here:

http://design.origami.free.fr/bestof/naranjo/index.htm

With a bit of modification, this can be easily turned into a longhorn head.

Unless you mean the new Microsoft operating system. I wouldn't even know how you come close to designing an origami version of that... :D
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

I move this topic to the right section

Christian
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

Guest wrote:Perhaps you already found a texas longhorn model but if you are interested, I have created one that is available on the book page of my web site. It is included in the sample pages of Glorious Origami, a book I am looking to have published.
Ugh. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but it looks like a fellow Canadian is stealing origami designs. Lovely. Redrawing diagrams does not give you the right to republish them. Check out the copyright thread for details.
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

I missed your statement "I am limited to presenting a few pages since a publisher has not been found nor permissions granted from other designers to include their designs." For that I apologize.

However, you should note that you did not do your homework correctly: your cube is NOT a traditional design. It is designed by Mr. Mitsunobu Sonobe. You can read more about it here. The inclusion of the redrawn diagrams for this model lead to my assumption that you had redrawn all of the models you had listed in your table of contents.

Post by Guest »

That is not what my research turned up but instead of getting into a battle over it with you I will just remove my posts and ask the moderators to remove me from this forum. I am not interested in dualing. And just to please you I will remove my origami sample from my site.
Joseph Wu

Post by Joseph Wu »

I made a mistake. I apologized. I'm not sure what moreI need to do to assuage your hurt feelings. There are too many people selling reconstituted diagrams on eBay (including some of my own), so I tend to go in with both guns blazing. In this case, I was wrong. Again, I'm sorry.

As for the Sonobe module, it is a common mistake to consider it a traditional model. The fact of the matter is that it is not a traditional model. Pointing that out to you (Did you follow the link to David Lister's article? He's the foremost historian of origami in the Western world.) was meant to help you. Can you imagine how well your book would go over if you had it published without attributing that model correctly?

There is no reason for you to remove your origami sample. I would suggest that you remove the pages containing the Sonobe unit, however.