Oral-B Tooth

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
OrigamiGianluca

Post by OrigamiGianluca »

it seams not :( :(
www.origamigianluca.com --> Fold with me...

Looking for some diagramming tips? Click HERE!
hrabbit

Post by hrabbit »

You know what, it has been coming on late where I live, so I think I am going to record it and put it up on youtube for you guys (it is a really neat looking tooth XD)
mrsriggins

Post by mrsriggins »

I finally saw this commercial last night. I was a little disappointed though, it didn't look like a tooth to me it looked like a simple version of kamiya's diamond but the bottom was made into three prongs. I was expecting something with like divuts and stuff on the top like a real tooth and not just flat.
"There are times when hope itself is an act of heroism. So here's to hope, and everyday heroes. " -Jacqueline Carey
I totally just discovered I have a macro function on my camera- I'm lovin it!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/23352404@N06/sets/
redgator12

Post by redgator12 »

I've been looking for the commercial forever I want to fold this, too. I haven't found the oral-b commercial. I've looked on youtube, google, yahoo, oral-b website, and forums, and got nothing. Next time someone is sitting in front of their TV make sure you have a camera and record the end of the commercial. I can't find my camera so, I can't. But anyway I'm still looking.
Happy Folding!
AquaDragon

Post by AquaDragon »

AquaDragon wrote:The commercial actually came on a few minutes ago. I'm carefully looking at the unfolding process, and I'm trying to get a final matching result.

If I get something, I'll post about it.
I think that the tooth may be a two-piece model.

When I looked at the unfolding process in slow motion, it looked like the pyramid-shaped points over the prongs of the teeth disappeared when the model opened up.

I made the tooth (sort of), but it just has four prongs, and a flat top. I'll try to get a picture of it soon onto my Flickr album.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

Can you upload the video somewhere?
Morgan

Post by Morgan »

i thought that it looks alot like the diamnd figure also....and also it seems the unfolding process in the video is not an actual unfolding of it. however the tooth DOES seem to be a real origami figure... my guess is that it is from some kind of rectangle or something...maybe a silver one?

oral-b might be smart...they have goten a ton of publicity from origamists just talking about it :)
marckrsh

Post by marckrsh »

Someone said the tooth I posted for the 2008 Christmas book looks like the Oral-B one. I have not seen the commercial ether to confirm if this is true. - Marc
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Nah, it wasn't yours. That much I remember.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

I haven't seen the commercial either but what I heard so far let me believe, that your tooth is much more complex.
Maybe someone can record the commercial for us and upload to YouTube?
hobbestheprince

Post by hobbestheprince »

I checked everywhere on the internet, and couldn't find the commercial. It's really too bad because now I'm interested in how this tooth looks.
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Oral-B tooth

Post by insaneorigami »

Well, I saw the commercial last night, and I agree with someone earlier in this post, and that it does indeed look like a two piece model. I have been looking at these forums for several years (though I only joined recently) and not very many things catch my attention (apart from the ryu jin posts and occasional others) like this. I really want to see a diagram or CP of that tooth, it's really cool XD.
hobbestheprince

Post by hobbestheprince »

I would like to see the commercial in the first place. I think making a tooth would be cool and everything but it's being built up as this great model ... so I definitely would like to see it to believe it.
origami-artist-galen

Post by origami-artist-galen »

I saw the commercial once or twice and thought it was just a blintz bird base with the corners inside but I can't be sure, I think I remember diagonal creases on each point, which was most likely not done by folding.
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

I think that ya'll are teasing us... and that the commercial is no more real than a unicorn.

:-)

- Hank Simon