Looking for: Dragonflies

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Edit: Here is part 3.
Last edited by ftangdude55 on February 11th, 2009, 1:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Edit: Here is Part 4
Last edited by ftangdude55 on February 11th, 2009, 1:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Thank you soooo much Ftangdude! One question though, what kind of paper did you use? and Where is the most common place to get it? Thanks!!!!
I'm pretty sure there is more to life than folding origami, and I plan on finding out what that is if I grow up.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

I used tissue-foil.
It isn't the best, because it tears easily.
If you have tissue paper and aluminum foil, you are all set.
All you need is some spray adhesive, which can be found at most home building center type stores. I got mine at Canadian Tire.
There are quite a few tissue-foil guides on the internet, so just search "tissue foil" on Google.
My Flickr

origami94

Post by origami94 »

kay! Thanks!!
I'm pretty sure there is more to life than folding origami, and I plan on finding out what that is if I grow up.
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Hey!!!! Just wondering how far you've gotten so far, thanks!
insaneorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by insaneorigami »

I find that my tissue foil is pretty sturdy, it doesn't tear that much, but I guess that depends on the kind of tissue paper you are using.

I learned how to make it from the guide in Advanced Origami By Michael LaFosse
origami94

Post by origami94 »

Ftangdude, have you finished the picture diagrams for the dragonfly? just wondering!
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Yes, but i don't have enough space on Flickr to store them. Have you made the base yet? I could send you a PDF of the pictures of the rest of the photo guide.
My Flickr

origami94

Post by origami94 »

I actually haven't. :cry: All the paper I've been using hasn't been working, so I'm waiting for my mom to take me into town to try and buy some good origami paper. But yeah, you could pdf the pics to me if you want! Thanks a Bunch!!!!!!
origami94

Post by origami94 »

So, ftangdude, I've finally folded the base. I'm wondering when your going to send me those photos. Thank you so much for your help!
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Great!
I'm still in the process of making the PDF guide.
I probably won't be able to complete it today, due to an exorbitant amount of homework.
You should have it by Sunday night, at the latest. :)
My Flickr

ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Darn. Apparently, the camera that had part five on it had all the pictures on it deleted. So, I don't think part 5 will come any time soon. Sorry.

EDIT: Hooray! The pictures haven't been deleted! The guide will be out soon.
Last edited by ftangdude55 on February 10th, 2009, 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
My Flickr

origami94

Post by origami94 »

It's okay! I've got other things to do too, so I'm not in a hurry
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

I have decided to make PDF documents of all the guides, deleting the pictures from my Flickr gallery, so I can have more space to upload pictures. I will then delete the text in the guides on the forum, and then provide links to the PDFs in their place.
Relating to that last one, what is the best way to get a PDF file onto the internet?
My Flickr