Looking for: Dragonflies

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Adam

Post by Adam »

I'd recommend http://www.mediafire.com/ for that. Alternatively, you could try Rapidshare, MegaUpload or an FTP, but in my experience Mediafire is the way to go.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Thanks, Adam.
I'm probably going to use Dropbox. I've noticed Jared and Andrew using it for the Origami Weekly files, and from what I've seen, it seems simple enough.
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

I was going to suggest Dropbox, http://www.getdropbox.com , especially if you are planning on distributing more files in the future. You set it up, which isn't too bad, and it creates a folder on your computer. Within this folder you can have private and shared folders. And if you place something in the Public folder, you can just get a direct link to the file, by right-clicking (or ctrl-click for us Mac-ers) the file directly on your computer, without having to go through any awkward interface. Anyone can access the link, but only you can see the contents of the Public folder. And you can have up to 2 GB for free.

Andrew and I use Dropbox for Origami Weekly, and it is especially handy being able to keep all the files together, where we can both access them quickly and easily.

Ftangdude, feel free to drop me a line if you have any questions.

Also, I used to really like 4shared until they became all finicky. And Mediafire was nice before they put in that intense flash interface that makes my computer sweat. And both "offer" wait times.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Thanks, Jared.
I made a Dropbox Account. It's really convenient!
I edited the links to the PDFs into the previous photo-guide posts.

Part 5 will be coming soon! :)
My Flickr

Hi! It's been a long while since I've been active on here. I deleted my Dropbox years ago, so some things, like my Dragonfly Varileg guide, are lost to time. I may still have other things, though! Email me if you have any questions.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

And how soon it came.
Here it is, the long awaited Part 5 of the Photo Diagrams!
My Flickr

origamimasterjared
Buddha

Post by origamimasterjared »

Cool!....But your links don't work. What you have to do is put the files in the Public folder. Then right-click on them -> Dropbox -> Copy public link. It should look something like this:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/450477/Heart ... Needle.pdf

Edit: Looks like you fixed them while I was composing this message. That was fast.

Edit 2:

Also, nice job, but it is different from the way Robert taught it. Use closed wraps on the wings. And the head is a crazy closed sink thing, and it winds up color-changed.
Last edited by origamimasterjared on February 11th, 2009, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Indeed it was. I had just logged out of Dropbox when I double checked and fixed the links.
My Flickr

ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

Hey, Origami94? Just wondering, have you finished the Dragonfly yet?
And on that note, has anybody else other than Origami94 folded the Dragonfly from the guide?
My Flickr

A random folder

Post by A random folder »

I have, and I give you points for time, effort, and accuracy.

I was a little confused at the very beginning and end pictures though.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

A random folder wrote:I was a little confused at the very beginning and end pictures though.
Which parts were confusing?
And could you take a picture of the folded Dragonfly? I would love to see what others have made from the guide.
My Flickr

YHOYO

Post by YHOYO »

I fold this:

more information in my blog:

http://oriproyectos.blogspot.com/2008/0 ... la-cp.html

bye

DIEGO QUEVEDO
A random folder

Post by A random folder »

ftangdude55 wrote:
A random folder wrote:I was a little confused at the very beginning and end pictures though.
Which parts were confusing?
And could you take a picture of the folded Dragonfly? I would love to see what others have made from the guide.
Step 2, 7-8, [22-24] <-- only because of the blurriness. (Part 5)

And, my mess that only vaguely resembles something not even slightly similar to a 'dragonfly' isn't in my possession at the time (someone took it at school :^o ).
Last edited by A random folder on February 28th, 2009, 12:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ftangdude55
Forum Sensei

Post by ftangdude55 »

origamimasterjared wrote: Also, nice job, but it is different from the way Robert taught it. Use closed wraps on the wings. And the head is a crazy closed sink thing, and it winds up color-changed.
Ah, well. I folded it the way I wanted to fold it. I wasn't sure from the beginning how to do the wings, so I did them the way I figured it out (which is definitely not the right way. :lol:)

I also didn't do the complex head wrap because the paper was already torn enough.

So, let it be known that the guide I made is not the definitive guide.
a random folder wrote:Step 2, 7-8, [22-24]
Which part of the guide are you talking about?
My Flickr

origami94

Post by origami94 »

actually, and I'm dissapointed to say so, I haven't finished the dragonfly. One, because of school, I haven't had time to do it. and Two, because my dad spends his time on our computer when I do have time, but he does it for work so i don't blame him. I will try to finish it though!
I'm pretty sure there is more to life than folding origami, and I plan on finding out what that is if I grow up.
Dudley02

Post by Dudley02 »

I've started constructing this dragonfly using Ftangdude55s guide (which is really helpful!) but I'm stuck on Part 3: Step 11. I'm not sure how it's supposed to fold. I'm determined to do this so any help would be really appreciated! :)

Edit: I think the problem is stemming from the mountain folds from the step before that.