Phu Tran's Rose

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

pnpurdue wrote:Hey artur can you pass along the CP for the rose?
Yes, it´s so beautiful, I would really like to give it a try.
hunprat

Post by hunprat »

Hi Artur,

Can you tell me who you got the CP for the rose from?
Wondering if it was the CP that I made or if someone else made a CP to my rose. If you can, please send me a copy of the CP.

Thanks,
Phu

P.S. By the way, the rose you made for the CP is quite nice. You are really good at folding from a CP.
saj

Post by saj »

That is some amazing work Artur! Would you by any chance know (having worked from the CP) whether this version of the rose requires any guestimation to proportion certain details of the rose (e.g, the petals).

Saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
hunprat

Post by hunprat »

There is really no guestimation at all with the rose. All the creases should be well define within the grid. Only curling the petal is to your taste.

As for locking the rose, I would recommend that you fold the grid as neatly as possible. Also when you have the rose in a tube that you try to close and open the rose to make the precreases before folding or adding in the details of the petals.

Phu
saj

Post by saj »

Phu, have you published the CP? I've checked your website but haven't had much luck. The rest of your Yahoo! gallery seems great, I like how you have photographed some models with the black background.

Saj
If you've found the forum useful, please consider making a donation.
esato

Post by esato »

wolf wrote:
pnpurdue wrote:I mean, if we all keep saying, "just wait, just wait" then nothing will get done.
Right. That's why I listed three more options. Besides, there's two things you can wait for: diagrams, or finding someone who can teach you. Both have different probabilities of happening.
pnpurdue wrote:I mean even on this forum, we have many origami enthusiasts and how many know how to fold the rose??
There's only 400+ members on this forum. The number of people attending the OUSA convention alone is roughly of the same order. Remember that the model has only been around for a short time - folding information travels only as fast as conventions happen. E.g. finding someone to teach you the MRC was difficult in 1998-1999. These days, people don't even blink if you offer to teach them the MRC.

And the unexpected does happen - even if you can't attend a convention or meet other folders now, that might not be true in 5-10 years.
Sigh....

I live in Brazil... I don´t think I´ll ever be able to meet someone who can teach me :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Check up pnpurdue´s homepage, maybe this will help you getting a little bit closer to it.
hunprat

Post by hunprat »

Pnpurdue made diagram to my rose from the CP. He does NOT have my permission to distribute it. He should have already remove the diagram from his homepage. THIS SHOULD NOT BE AN INVITATION FOR YOU TO ASK HIM FOR THE DIAGRAM. I really don't like it that he did not respect my wish that he should not diagram my rose. :evil:

Anyway, his diagrams are WRONG. He is not very good at folding with CP. You will not be able to close the rose from his diagram or fold a nice rose.

If people don't respect my wish NOT to diagram my models, I will not release Crease Pattern to my new designs. I will diagram my model correctly, but you will have to wait.

Phu
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Sorry!
I shouldn´t have mentioned this, I hope you can forgive me and that once I will have the chance to meet you in person to see your wonderful designs and maybe will be allowed to learn something from you.
hunprat

Post by hunprat »

I am the one who should be losing my cool.
You are the one with the hearing problem or the problem with understanding the meaning of "NO".

Before you attempted or even have the CP to the rose, you ask my permission to diagram it. I told you NO then and I am saying NO now and anytime in the future, so don't even bother to ask again.

Then when you thought that you were able to do the rose and made the diagram, you did not ask my permission to post it on the internet. You did it anyway and share the diagram with your friends. You only ask my permission to publish it. I told you NO and to remove it. How many times do I have to say NO for you to get it? I don't care about your respect. I don't even know you. Like you are some important person that I have to care what you think of me.

If you don't like my model then don't fold it anymore. I am sick of people like you who think they deserve the diagram or that I should bend over backward to show them how to fold the rose just because they like my model and that they ask. I don't owe people like you anything. I created my rose for my enjoyment and not yours. I have control over the model and can share it with people I like and don't share it with people I don't like. It is up to me to decide not you.

And Anna, you did nothing wrong. If you want to learn the rose from the CP, just email me privately where you are stuck on the rose and I will do my best to help you figure out how to fold the rose.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

hunprat wrote:And Anna, you did nothing wrong. If you want to learn the rose from the CP, just email me privately where you are stuck on the rose and I will do my best to help you figure out how to fold the rose.
Thank you Phu. I´m not as good in folding after cps, so I don´t think that I will get it, also with your help.
thedeadsmellbad
Forum Sensei

Post by thedeadsmellbad »

It is a sad day indeed when origami can hurt someone.

Phu I hope this person does not affect your opinion of paper folding.
You have always been very helpful trying to teach your methods and making the extra effort when I did not understand something.
Many others have yet to enjoy what you have to offer.
A bad apple here and there does not have to spoil it.
Emelie

Post by Emelie »

hi, i´m new here. totaly falled for the rose as everyon else =)
find this site when i scrolling net for diagrams for roses, need to make some for my weddig (summer 2006).

have´t folded that much as i live in middle sweden and i don´t have any good books or so... i growe beter then the one who teatched me -that is´t saying much of my abillity to fold. have a loots of japanice books and can fold 50% of it do to that pictiors are good enught for me to see...

however if/when you publish the diagram (silly question) can you reply here or someting so i know so i can buy it :)

and risk that a diagram will not be relesed for my wedding day seams to be big...
can i be that rude and ask for tip of other roses. i have checked some prev posts and links and tryed one out... have hard to be saticfied after this one tho ;)
i don´t have money to go to a convention but i can sure spend some on a book or simular. :D really wish that it is english text, then i can get beter help if i get stuck...

hope you don´t think i´m to rude. even if chanse is litle i will keep a litle good hope to this rose formy wedding ;)

/emelie an origami n00b that in a few mouth is a wife :D
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Emelie wrote:can i be that rude and ask for tip of other roses
Check out this two topics:
http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=379&start=0
http://snkhan.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=107&start=0
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

hello emelie, welcome to the forum Image

without sounding too bigheaded, I created some kind of flower. the diagrams can be downloaded from my webpage:
http://origami.dl.am
the pages are not translated into english yet, but the navigation bar is, and so you at least will find the right section :)
I don't know what you need the roses for, but if it's for decoration reasons, my flower could do the job.

Christian