Origami Pokemon

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
newbpcpfolder

Post by newbpcpfolder »

garrasdecaiman, you're right ^_^ cyndaquil!
Razzmatazz, you're very right!I always forget about that!
Iwvi

Post by Iwvi »

I made a lucario once, i liked how it ended up but i have never folded it from good paper, only white common paper, i´ll post pics if i make one that is at least blue, haha.
Scotsdreamer

Post by Scotsdreamer »

legionzilla wrote:Not to mention Lang's Pikachu, which can be found on Joseph Wu's site.
you've also got the diagram on origami.com http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/spenjurmunni.pdf

great piece, i use it a lot when I'm in a cafe having a coffee
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Well, whilst we are on topic, does anyone want to start the poke-rap?
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
Fold

Post by Fold »

I wonder if there are any 5th generation Pokemon yet. :-s

There's a little something to watch out for!
metrodj

Post by metrodj »

Black and White come out in the US in March. There are supposed to be a whole slew of new Pokemon...
Fold

Post by Fold »

It's already out in Japan, which is why I was wondering if there were any designs yet.
I did a few quick google searches to try and find some designs but, unfortunately, couldn't find any. I suppose we may have to wait a little while.
Scotsdreamer

Post by Scotsdreamer »

Ragnorax wrote:
If you are looking to a more complex model, heres a pikachu by Kozasa, Keiichi, which was diagrammed in tanteiden convention book 5. It has nice color changes for the tips of the ears, the stripes on its back, and at the base of the tail :wink:

Heres my fold of it: (Its lying down on its belly)

Heres another fold of it, by someone else with better shaping than mine :oops:
by any chance is there an online copy of the diagram?
Omelette

Post by Omelette »

^ I don't thinks so.

Lapras designed by me. This was posted on the galleries thread but Fold asked me to repost it here!

The CP is very simple though the color changes required a lot of experimentation to get them just right.
redheadorigami
Forum Sensei

Post by redheadorigami »

Thats pretty tank omelette!
"Violence isn't the answer but it's always a good start."
-JeossMayhem
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

what about this beastie by !tyza!!?

please don't worry about me posting your pictures, t.j., but your model is a must post in here ...
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
!tyza!!

Post by !tyza!! »

Yeah, no problem Grizzly Man, I had no idea this thread existed, so thanks.

Here is the Charizard i folded.

speaking of origami. .
My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35391396@N04/
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

I don't know if anyone knows or not but there another cp of pokemon on Miyamoto's website.

Mewtwo
cp link http://www.comic-folder.sakura.ne.jp/fo ... 50r_2.html

There's also a meowth but there's no cp link to it.

Meowth

And just to be on the curious side, !tyza!!, are you ever going to post a diagram on that Flygon? It looks really cool.
!tyza!!

Post by !tyza!! »

Flame_Kurosei: And just to be on the curious side, !tyza!!, are you ever going to post a diagram on that Flygon? It looks really cool.
I'm glad you like it :). I probably won't draw up complete diagrams for it, but if you want i can post cp, and an instructional photo-diagram. Expect it in the next week because i've just started my tertiary education

The model is quite simple. A CP will be very revealing, almost embarassing, because it will show how simple the base is -the result of going from 'challenge' to 'design' in 15 minutes (15, that's all it took, seriously; that's how simple). and i folded it from a 17*17cm square of double tissue

for those of you who are bored and wanting to fold a pokemon of your own, try an Onyx. I've done one. The only important part is the head (Horn, mouth). from there, get creative!!! also, don't worry about the thickness- i say- because its a rock-pokemon.[/quote]
speaking of origami. .
My Flickr
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35391396@N04/
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

I probably won't draw up complete diagrams for it, but if you want i can post cp, and an instructional photo-diagram.
That's fine by me. :D I would really enjoy a photo-diagram, to be honest, as long as it's ok if I ask you questions if I don't get something. (I know some designers are a bit touchy about that...)
A CP will be very revealing, almost embarassing, because it will show how simple the base is -the result of going from 'challenge' to 'design' in 15 minutes (15, that's all it took, seriously; that's how simple)
As for that, if it took you 15 minutes, its going to take me 5 weeks :wink: because cps aren't really my thing...that and I have tons of homework to conquer...hm :?

As for rock pokemon-it's so easy to make a geodude-crumple up some paper and shape two arms-voila! Instant rock pokemon. :lol:

Can't wait till next week! :)