Looking for a Elk(deer) instruction

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Syfer

Looking for a Elk(deer) instruction

Post by Syfer »

Hey, my girlfriend is having her birthday soon and since shes somehow a fan of elks, i was thinking about making her one out of paper.
It's just quite difficult to actually find an instruction for an elk, that is also written clearly.
Now i don't think im ready for complex versions like from Robert J, so im rather looking for something more simple. Its not that i never tried anything like it, i mean i can do cranes and everything by heart ^^

So if anyone got a link for me i would be very grateful :)
Thanks in advance!

Chris
Kalami

Post by Kalami »

Hi Chris,

for beginners I always have the advise to visit the Origami Club. There are tons of simple models with easy instructions. In the section "christmas" there are three different reindeers (two heads, one full) - they are really simple, but at least they have horns.
The second one I found is Bambi by Peterpaul Forcher, but if you know the film, you will remember him having no horns :(
So my last hint is your local library. Take a look at books about craft in christmastime. Those books are mostely in easy level. You should also take a look at the childrens section in the library.

bye Tine
TheRealChris

Post by TheRealChris »

there's a very sweet easy elk in Fumiaki Kawahatas book "Wild Animals of the World"
HankSimon
Buddha

Honda Deer - Two sheets with cuts

Post by HankSimon »

There is a nice deer/reindeer on pp. 114 - 115, in The World of Origami by Isao Honda, multiple publishing 1965 - 1993, ISBN: 0-87040-383-4. I found my copy recently as a used book.

The model uses two sheets of paper, two bird bases, and you have to cut the antlers and ears... but it has a nice look...

- Hank Simon
Brett Hates Sink folds

Looking for a deer?

Post by Brett Hates Sink folds »

I found a nice deer that can be made out of a cut open tea bag. No jokes needed >.> well, heres the link: http://dev.origami.com/images_pdf/teadeer.pdf
Finward

Post by Finward »

Roman Diaz has a nice deer diagrammed in his blog. I think it may be complex, but it mat be worth giving it a try. http://dosisdiaria.blogspot.com/2006/10 ... a-web.html
HankSimon
Buddha

Post by HankSimon »

I found a Diaz Deer diagrammed here:

http://ori500.free.fr/diagrams/level2/dm3-en.htm

- Hank Simon
Joe the white

Post by Joe the white »

The Diaz deer is one of the few deer models I've ever folded. One note on it, the hind legs and tail will be a different color than the rest of the body if you fold it from duo-color paper. It makes for a thick finished model, but its pretty straightforward as complex models go.