Nine Tailed Foxes?

Looking for a specific model? Here's the place to start.
Flame_Kurosei

Nine Tailed Foxes?

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Hello Everyone:

I'm posting this to ask if there are any Nine tailed Fox/Kyuubi Diagrams out there, in books or websites? I looked around the forum and found that there's one in a christmas book somewhere? Is there any way I could learn the title of this book or where I could get it? Difficulty doesn't matter.

Thanks

Flame
ahudson
Forum Sensei

Post by ahudson »

The books are informal publications that happen every December. The only way to get ahold of a copy is to submit diagrams; each diagram submitted earns you another back issue, or at least that's how it's worked in the past.

More info here:
viewtopic.php?t=6011
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

The books are informal publications that happen every December. The only way to get ahold of a copy is to submit diagrams; each diagram submitted earns you another back issue, or at least that's how it's worked in the past.
Ah...I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Does this mean there aren't any Nine Tailed Fox Diagrams available anywhere else (excluding cps)?
gachepapier
Forum Sensei

Post by gachepapier »

FWIW, if you do a search on last month's challenge on the French speaking forum, you'll see Julien Gritte's Kyuubi - he may have a diagram in the making (?) ...
mes p'tits plis (now also in English)
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

this looks like quite an easy cp for a nine tailed fox if your intrested

http://spinflipper.com/blog/?p=174

my flickr
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

FWIW, if you do a search on last month's challenge on the French speaking forum, you'll see Julien Gritte's Kyuubi - he may have a diagram in the making (?) ...
Do you have a link to this forum?
this looks like quite an easy cp for a nine tailed fox if your intrested
I'm sorry I'm not very good at cps in general, but I'll take a look at it. :)

Edit: I looked at Julien Gritte's Kyuubi and it is very cute but...I was looking for a more..realistic approach (though if he does make a diagram I'll fold it)?

Edit2: (looks at cp) :shock: so many folds (don't get me wrong, it looks amazing)! I'm assuming this is one of those "tedious but simple" sort of folds? er...........how exactly do I solve this...? do I just alternate between mountain and valley folds?
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

to fold the crease pattern you basically just alternate and if you get stuck you just need to keep trying all the different possibilties i will try it myself and post a picture soon
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Ok, thanks!

PS Just to be on the curious side, since it's circle packing, is it true that you can make the tails longer and the body smaller? Kind of like guspath's no. 3 fox?
Falcifer

Post by Falcifer »

Flame_Kurosei wrote:Ok, thanks!

PS Just to be on the curious side, since it's circle packing, is it true that you can make the tails longer and the body smaller? Kind of like guspath's no. 3 fox?
I could be wrong, because I'm not an expert on crease patterns, but looking at the arrangement of the circle-packed tails, since they are arranged along the edges, you could make some of the tails larger (e.g. the ones on the corners), but you would then have to fit the others in the space, so you would have to make them smaller. Also, you might have to make the other parts smaller if the "main body region" is smaller.

With Guspath's design, because it's box-pleated, I think it's easier to alter the size of the tail flaps, without affecting the rest of the model as much as with circle-packing.

But I have never designed a CP, and I have never tried to alter one, either, so I don't know how easy/hard it is to make it work, this information is based mostly on my understanding of CPs, which may or may not be comprehensive.
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Falcifer,
Interesting...maybe when I get better at cps (give me 20 years :wink: ) I'll test it out. My guess was basically what you wrote, that the body would be smaller and the tails larger (this is actually what I wanted to find, but oh well-the fox polistes linked was good too). However, I find circle packing a bit easier than box pleating (please note that I have poor experience with cps) so I thought altering this one would be better.

Oh, and how's the fox coming along polistes?
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

the box pleated one is very hard but the circle packing is coming on well
picture soon hopefully

(EDIT) I have got the basic structure for the tails on the circle packed one but the legs and head are going to need some work :?

I'll have to try and shorten the back legs and work out what to do with the back mane before i post a picture
Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Alright! I can't wait. :)
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

here it is it was the best i could do such small paper so
i have guessed nearly every fold and it would be murder folding it again
so my advice is fold the crease pattern then just guess and if you still need help just ask

Flame_Kurosei

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

All right, I'll try it Polistes...er do I print the cp out and fold it or do I copy the pattern onto a bigger piece of paper by references?