Shy :)

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
orangewetland

Shy :)

Post by orangewetland »

Hi there!
This seems to be a fantastic site with a lot of helpful people!
As to myself, I'm not sure what to say other than I'm obsessed with origami and have an apartment full of the models I didn't want to give away (in cabinets safe from my cat). I also use cardboard boxes and clear plastic sheets to make display boxes to hang on the wall above kitty jumping height :)
I'm kind of addicted to cheap thin christmas foil wrapping paper but didn't stock up enough this year :( so I need to pounce after this christmas at the drug store. So many months to wait!
My cat wants attention now! Bye!
Baltorigamist

Re: Shy :)

Post by Baltorigamist »

If you're pretty experienced with it already, then that's pretty good. But you need better paper than gift wrap--most art stores sell packs of kami for pretty cheap.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
orangewetland

Post by orangewetland »

Thank you baltorigamist!
I use kami as well, and commercial squares of foil origami but I like the foil wrapping paper to cut big squares or rectangles to fold stuff where I can't manage the thickness of tons of layers (like some Elias stuff I've been doing). I did order a roll of foil paper from origami-shop.com so that should be here in a few weeks since I'm in the states :). I've never ordered from there before, I'm excited.
I have made my own tissue foil with kitchen foil but I didn't like it that much. I have also been procrastinating trying wet folding which could open up options.
Please don't tell me foil is taboo or I will cry ;)
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Foil is usually pretty good, just not for uber-complex box-pleats. Elias's stuff should be fine with it though--I did the Last Waltz with it, and it came out pretty well.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr