Jair here

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
jair

Jair here

Post by jair »

Hello, I am Jair of Australia. What brought me to this site was that one day I said to myself, "Jair, perhaps you should join an origami forum?" I then replied, "Okay sir, I'll join one tomorrow". So that was yesterday, and now it's today; I googled 'origami forum' and snkhan.co.uk was the 1st result that popped up, so here I am!

A bit about me is that I am quite fond of origami, so you could describe me as some sort of origami enthusiast. I started folding at age 8 when I was impressed by a classmate's presentation at school. He had somehow transformed a square sheet of paper into a three-dimensional crane. I was puzzled on how he had done such a thing, so naturally I befriended him and learned the secrets behind his craft. Ever since then I have been an avid paper folder, sticking to the strict regime of not using glue nor scissors.

I have never had the luxury of owning a decent origami book nor have I ever committed any origami book to my memory, so I am unorthodox and self-learned in the field. It turns out the very few books I read back then were pitched towards children as they spoke nothing of the methodology showcased in this forum.

It was always my intention to better my paper-folding skills, but without resources this proved challenging. I can remember my past times brainstorming and thinking about what possible ways I could improve on my models and technique. Over the years it was a satisfying experience, having gained enough skill to create almost any design from my imagination. Say if I wanted to fold a stegosaurus, I would google its picture, analyse it from head to toe and within several hours’ time I would have designed, folded and thus created one to detail.

My current project is my own rendition of a phoenix:
http://imageshack.us/f/848/54292388.png/
As you may see, there is a lot of work to be done and clearly, I am facing difficulties in getting the design folded because of the badness in quality of draft paper, and also having to work with a 21cm by 21cm square sheet due to its A4 size. The rubber bands are in place to band the model together because the paper is thick and uncooperative.

I am not very good in writing conclusions so I hope you enjoyed my introduction.
Flame_Kurosei

Re: Jair here

Post by Flame_Kurosei »

Hello, and welcome to the forum! I hope we can be of assistance to you, and vice versa! :D
A tiny place to post my things. Enjoy~
http://flamekurosei.deviantart.com/