danbergam, from Italy - "...and origami for all"

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
danbergam

danbergam, from Italy - "...and origami for all"

Post by danbergam »

Hello, everybody!

I'm Daniele Bergamini,
known as danbergam on YouTube and somewhere else in the web.

I'm from Italy, 40 years, physically disabled...
and perpetually in love with Life! :D

I have countless hobbies,
from music (both as listener / composer) to literature (both reader / writer),
from photo-retouching to paleonthology, from cooking to day-dreaming...
and yes, I also like origami.

My career as folder began somewhere in the 2006,
after having had an origami book for almost twenty years
and having not even opened it for that long... ^_^;;

Err... how do they say? "Never say never" and "It's never too late"!
I guess they are right!

Not so long after my first tries with origami, I ended up on YouTube... and I got this idea to demonstrate some models.

I was not the first doing it, of course... but I think (I did some research, before beginning that new adventure) that I was the first to introduce the "first person view" in an origami tutorial, to show the folding steps from the same point of view of the folder itself.
And, my tuts have always been appreciated by the beginners, for their slow peace... because a tutorial, after all, needs to be clear and slow, to actually serve to something! ;-)

I haven't been regular in my tutorial making, still my series "...and origami for all" was (and still is) quite successful!

I have to admit that I'm not a big origamist and that I don't fold really often... but this only depends from the fact that I have more hobbies and passions than the free time to exercise them all! xD

Anyway, I ended up designing a few original models, of which I am quite proud: a modular olive branch, and an eagle that can turn into a bat with a single step (and lot of imagination to see those animals in both the forms, haha)!
:-D

After a couple years of hiatus, I'm finally back with my tutorials, in a brand, new style... and me, that for 5 years I repeated over and over that I was not comfortable at the idea of speaking in my tutorials (something that countless people asked me for ages), I'm finally giving spoken instructions!
My new tutorials even have subtitles in a few languages... the only problem is to know whether they are right or not! xD

Oh, well!

...Origami for all: that's my mission!
:-D

Cheers,
Daniele aka Dan
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Re: danbergam, from Italy - "...and origami for all"

Post by chesscuber98 »

Hi!
Nice to see you joined the forum!
I am 98codex on youtube.
Welcome.
danbergam

Re: danbergam, from Italy - "...and origami for all"

Post by danbergam »

chesscuber98 wrote:Hi!
Nice to see you joined the forum!
I am 98codex on youtube.
Welcome.
Hi!
Thank you so much!

I have been planning to join this forum for quite a long time and finally I'm doing!
I'm too shy, some times, haha! xD

But it was time to change many things... and if now I can speak in my tutorials,
then I can, even more easily, join a forum! :D

I need to pay visit to your channel!

Thank you again,
Dan