Hi Everyone

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
billyorigami

Hi Everyone

Post by billyorigami »

My name is Billy. I live in California and been folding origami for almost 10 yrs. I started out with geometric shapes making it into decorative hanging balls, squares, and triangles. Got one booklet from Tomoko Fuse and got the diagrams. Then got heavy into Menger Sponge. Individually hand folded bricks. I got into modular origami. Then I got really interested in animals and insects. Such as alligators, chameleon, lizards, cancer the crab, frogs, turtles, camels,zebra, rhinoceros, kangaroo mother with baby, holstein cow, rabbit, giraffe, bear, feline cats, rat, praying mantis, beetles, fly, horned owl, 4-clover leaf, maple leafs, butterflies, vw beetle car, 4 shelves bookcase, clock, 35 mm camera, tessalation clover, hydrangea, spiral snail shell, spiral shell, valentine heart with arrow, master Yoda, sun ,hipprogrift and dinosaurs.
Plus their are quite a few many new ones I have already done like elephants, fishes, raccoon, reindeer, crab, ant, and praying mantis(having bad time getting the right origami paper so the hind legs & front legs will support itself). Looked through Robert J. Lang website mentioned when doing intricate projects to use tissue foil. Right in the middle of using light gift wrap paper and can't stop. Halfway through and can't stop. I'll see if the legs this time will support itself.
If not, my frustration and time loss. Will switch over to tissue foil for sure.
I have my own little origami weblink where all the stuff I mentioned is posted.
The project I like to learn or master is the fiddler crab by Robert J. Lang. All I found is a crease pattern for it only. I have no clue how to start folding from one end to the other.
Again, thanks for having me as a new member in The Origami Forum.
Billy :D
LeafPiece

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by LeafPiece »

Nice variety! I tend to fold the same things over and over again, lol. Anyway, welcome to the forum. I enjoyed browsing your website, too.
billyorigami

Re: Hi Everyone

Post by billyorigami »

Thank you very much for looking at my website. I am always happy after I folded an insect, animal or a Volkswagen beetle car from diagrams or illustrations done by other origami's artists.