I'm back!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Ben385

I'm back!

Post by Ben385 »

Hello all,

Some of you may (hopefully) remember me, I was very active on here a couple of years ago, but sadly left as my young self got distracted by other things... but I have come full circle! I know in my previous incarnation as a folder I spent a great deal of time annoying people (especially jared & origami8), forgive me for that, I have matured (I hope) and hopefully I have matured as a folder too!

You may ask what sparked this sudden resurfacing- my box of paper has been sitting in my room untouched since I drifted away from doing origami, but today I decided to organise it ready to sell the paper. However, upon feeling such familiar textures, and remembering crafting my first piece of tissue foil (double tissue still eludes me), I couldn't help myself but pick up a piece of paper and attempt folding again.

So, after some minutes spent looking over my wide selection of paper, I chose..... the printer paper. As this was my first time folding in years I didn't want to destroy the precious stuff! The paper was chosen, my fingers were ready- all that was left was the model. I thought, and thought, and finally realised what to fold- Komatsu's Lion, a model that I had wondered over in the past, and a crease pattern that I had failed with many times... but with newly found inspiration I took the paper and went to work! I was fairly impressed by the end result, especially considering I was using printer paper.

Anyway, that's my story for today, I like the new look of the forum, and it's a pleasure to be back here!

Komatsu Lion:

Paper Collection (Spot the origamido!)

-Ben
origami_8
Administrator

Re: I'm back!

Post by origami_8 »

Welcome back Ben!
You've done a decent job on the lion, it looks good.
A pretty paper selection you have there, time to fold something from it ;-)
Fluffy
Forum Sensei

Re: I'm back!

Post by Fluffy »

Welcome back! I never have actually talked to you before, although i've been on here for a few years. great job on the lion and beautiful paper collection!

Jake
My flickr page ~ http://www.flickr.com/photos/jakeorigami/
My gallery ~ http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11485
Feel free to leave comments or constructive critisicm. Thanks! :)