Hi from the Sunny South USA

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
glsr

Hi from the Sunny South USA

Post by glsr »

Then last week there was a blizzard here.
I guess I came in through the back door. I found Dollar Bill Origami and liked leaving tips that way. Then I found Won Park's book and he turned that into art. I am still a beginner and looking for help in folding. I found folding much easier when I found pictures, of folding a bill, much easier than folding from lines. There are some great videos on You Tube but fingers do get in the way. I'm thinking if there were a book where graph paper was used to fold to a pattern it would be easier to follow. The graph paper could have the center square colored and the row around it a different color and the next row a third color before repeating the colors. If one side was red, blue and yellow and the reverse side was purple, orange and green, you would always know exactly where the paper was folded and on which side. Then I do not believe my idea is that unusual and wonder if someone is printing designs this way?
phillipcurl

Re: Hi from the Sunny South USA

Post by phillipcurl »

Welcome to the forum. Bloody insane weather we've been having down here lately, right? Two blizzards and an earthquake from what I've seen on the limited news I have out here in cow pasture land. I'm not sure what you meant by the second part of the paragraph, could you reiterate it?
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
marckrsh

Re: Hi from the Sunny South USA

Post by marckrsh »

Your idea is not too unusual, but I have not seen it realized in such an extreme way. There are some diagrams that will mark a section with a different shading, an identifying label, or perhaps a dot. This is only used with more unusual sequences, but unfortunately for you most origami books assume you are comfortable with the standard moves. There are some entry-level books that have some more hand-holding, and I will take your ideas into consideration for my diagrams targeted towards beginners. Once you get more advanced, more labeling will feel intrusive. - Marc