Hello, other folders!!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Hello, other folders!!

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Hello, other folders!

My name is Brandon Wong and I am an American high school student in California. I have used the origami forum occasionally before, but I haven’t realized how helpful this might be for me until now.

I started folding when my older brother and I were both little kids. He had a small pack of 6in. origami paper with some instructions, and after folding a few simple models proclaimed himself “The King of Origami.” I, being the easily influenced younger brother, folded some too and when the unofficial household fad died off, I kept going. Now I mostly fold from Satoshi Kamiya’s pdf books, or from Robert J Lang’s crease patterns on his website. I also have his ODS book as well as a signed copy of his second edition. I have tried hex-pleating and circle packing, but both are much more complicated so I stick to box pleating whenever I design stuff.

The main reason I joined this forum is for the design challenges. Recently I have found that I don’t have any ideas to design and I enjoy competition. I hope that I will be able to contribute models that are just as good as the one’s I’ve seen!

Um, yeah, I guess that's it for an introduction...Can't wait to meet other origamists!
Last edited by NeverCeaseToCrease on January 6th, 2018, 11:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Andre-4

Re: Hello, other folders!!

Post by Andre-4 »

:idea: welcome..Im Online alot lately Since i Like To keep busy ..i use salvaged paper alot For kusudamas And i use other forums As Well.i think This IS The best for replies ,,i had someone post a photo tutorial To show ME a simple fold That made no sense To me..Anyhow Its Good To talk ,