Hello from the Netherlands

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Tanngniostr

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Tanngniostr »

Hey! :)

I am Rosa, 19 y/o from the Netherlands. I've done some origami a couple of years ago, folding from my parents' books, but the I stopped for a few years. Right now I've gotten back into origami since some months ago, after discovering the countless models that can be found on the internet, which are more fun to fold because there's so many different things to fold, and more complex models too :) I have yet to find out how to fold from CP's so I'm not that experienced, though. I would also like to try and design my own origami models, but I have no idea if that will be a reachable goal.
MotherOfThree

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by MotherOfThree »

Welcome to the forum, Tanngniostr!
I'm sure that you will be able to fold from CPs soon! I started designing by just doodling around with traditional bases and seeing where it takes me. That could be a point to start with.
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Hello and welcome, Rosa!

Of course it's a reachable goal to design your own models! If you read ODS (origami design secrets) by Robert J Lang, you will be designing in no time. The book (second edition) also helps with folding crease patterns. The books are a bit pricey though....

Good luck and happy folding!
Tanngniostr

Post by Tanngniostr »

Thanks, MotherOfThree and NeverCeaseToCrease!
I've heard a lot about ODS, I hope I'll be able to afford it somewhere in the near future. In the mean time, I'll just work on practicing my skills as much as possible C: