Greetings from Seattle!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Pseudopod

Greetings from Seattle!

Post by Pseudopod »

Hello, I signed up a couple weeks ago and figured I should post a proper introduction.

I'm Nena and am a 34 year old folder in Seattle, WA. I folded lots of simple to intermediate models as a kid after I caught the origami bug when I lived in Japan. A few years back, I rediscovered origami and started folding more complex pieces, but drifted away from it again due to upheavals in my life.

This last year my passion for origami has been rekindled and I've been trying to improve the quality of my folded models. I work a graveyard shift job where I sometimes get long periods of time to myself, and folding is a fulfilling way to keep myself occupied.

I have so much fun folding designs from diagrams that I haven't pushed myself to try designing or even just folding from CPs, though I would like to. Any advice on a good starting point to learn how to fold from CPs?
Baltorigamist

Re: Greetings from Seattle!

Post by Baltorigamist »

Welcome to the forum!

Crease patterns are tricky to learn; you have to have an understanding of how creases and structures work together. There's a thread on them here:

http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2131

And I highly recommend the book Origami Design Secrets by Robert Lang for a lot more information regarding crease patterns and model design. It's well worth the money.
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Pseudopod

Post by Pseudopod »

Thanks for the link! I'll try my hand at a CP soon. As with most things in origami, I'm sure the best way to truly learn is simply to try.
Andre-4

Post by Andre-4 »

C.ps are not difficult if you can get Youtube tutorials CARLSSON CHOO and origami sage have some good beginners c.ps..also Tadashi Mori'sDafina