Hello from Texas, USA!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
unknownfolder

Hello from Texas, USA!

Post by unknownfolder »

Hello! I'm from Texas, and I've been folding off and on for about 12 years now (that sounds so long). I figured I would re-re-introduce myself (I thought I would start posting here more in 2016, but that didn't pan out apparently). I've been a member of this forum since 2008. I started folding from online diagrams back in high school. I was much more active on here back in high school.

In high school, I enjoyed folding complex models, and my parents were very supportive and bought me Works of Satoshi Kamiya and License to Fold by Nicolas Terry. However, I was always held back by the fact that I didn't use the correct paper. I never made any double tissue, and I think I only used copy paper and Kraft paper.

College was a dead zone for origami with an electrical engineering degree and other responsibilities. When I graduated, I was excited to realize that I could have actual hobbies again, and I remembered doing origami back in the day. I started folding more, and I actually made double tissue. I don't think I actually made it correctly though. My cubicle at work is now littered with folds from that time, but my pursuit of the hobby eventually fell by the wayside again.

With coronavirus and all this time indoors, I've naturally gotten back in to origami once again. I've been making double tissue (the correct way this time), and I've bought some paper online (shoutout to Kim's Crane). In the last two months, I've folded 15 different models. It's really been helping me stay sane.

Besides origami, I love playing Scrabble (too much). I also enjoy ultimate frisbee, disc golf, and riding my bike.

If you've made it this far, thank you for reading!
Whenever I do complex Origami I get this sinking feeling.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Re: Hello from Texas, USA!

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Welcome back to the forum!
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
origami_8
Administrator

Post by origami_8 »

Welcome back!
Studying can be very time consuming. After working for several years I study at a university of applied sciences for two years now and as much as I would like to fold, I simply don't find the time to do so. I've got so many things I want to fold so many ideas, but no time at all. Sorry I drifting away.
I wish you all the best and a good time with Origami again.
unknownfolder

Post by unknownfolder »

Thank you both.

origami_8, I do hope you're able to find the time soon, but I can definitely sympathize. When you do finally have time, it sounds like you'll be prepared.
Whenever I do complex Origami I get this sinking feeling.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

You're welcome! Nice signature :wink:
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.