My first post!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
flameboyant

Post by flameboyant »

Not trying to jack your thread or anything, but I feel it's the best place to say hello instead of creating a whole new thread.

Anyway, my name's Carl, I'm from Australia, and I'm thinking of starting my own origami forum sometime in the nearby future. I reckon that, seeing as I'm lacking time and energy to fold origami, it would get me going again. I'm not an expert yet (only been doing it for about half a year, and very rarely), but I'll get there someday :)
CraneDude

Post by CraneDude »

Welcome!!! But you really should have made a new thread for that. It's not that you are ruining my thread but that if you post it here it's less likely to be read.

I can't make cranes very fast cuz even though i'm going for alot i've been making them for quality not quantity :?

I know this is off topic but i don't have time to make a new thread. So what do i do to make the spider on origami.com it says to start with an equalateral triangle. How do i get an equalateral triangle? I want to make one of those realistic spiders so if you know where i can get better diagrams then please post a link.

Thanks,
Dillon
I love origami cranes!!!
Cupcake
Buddha

Post by Cupcake »

Yeah, but 1000 dragons might take a bit longer :lol:
Ryan MacDonell
My Designs
~origami~

Post by ~origami~ »

I am not really sure how to fold an equalateral triangle. I googled it and I couldn't find anything. :(
Anyway, I bet there is a way to work it out.
Kate.
VeGaN!!!
iAm4free

Post by iAm4free »

1000 Cranes!!!!!! Best of luck dude...

Oh and u culd do 1000 Hearts next time :)
~origami~ wrote:I am not really sure how to fold an equalateral triangle. I googled it and I couldn't find anything. :(
Anyway, I bet there is a way to work it out.
Kate.
Fold a square sheet of paper, fold it into half, take a set square L place the L section of the setsquare on the folded side of the square from down and draw a line and cut it... Its hard to picturise what I've said... but if u need more details I'll make a video for u and put it on Youtube.

- Nikhil
"Start by doing what is necessary, then what is possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible."

- St. Francis of Assisi
aesthetistician

Post by aesthetistician »

Or if you don't want to use a set square, you can take a rectangular sheet (it doesn't really matter what proportions) and fold the long edges together. Then fold the bottom corner to the centre crease. This makes a 60 - degree angle at that corner. Now fold the top edge along that fold - another 60 - degree angle.

It does leave a crease across the middle of your triangle though, so it's better to just make a short crease to mark the centre. If you have a long strip you can keep folding and folding and folding and folding to get lots of triangles.
Harpseal
Buddha

Re: My first post!

Post by Harpseal »

1000 dragons, 1000 cranes,whatever! it is a worthy challenge but a brain numbingly boring one nonetheless.

Until you finish it, then you feel really good about yourself.
'Death, taxes and teddy bears- three things you can always rely on'
-Garfield the Cat.
My Neorigami
[url=http://%20the-intelligence-division.bandcamp.com]My bandcamp page[/url]