Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!

Re: Introductions

Postby sunshine23 » February 19th, 2019, 1:55 pm

Hi, I am Ivan from Serbia and I am total newby but want to learn
sunshine23

Postby YanG » March 18th, 2019, 11:03 pm

Hi everyone.
My name is Yan, i'm from Brazil, i'm 22.
I've been folding origamis for a year now. I'm glad to be here and excited to learn more with you guys. My english is rusty, feel free to correct me.

Happy folding!!!

Enviado de meu Moto G (5S) usando o Tapatalk
YanG

Postby Dizzy » April 17th, 2019, 12:30 am

Hello everyone,

I've skulked around the forum for... About a decade reading advice and admiring designs, but didn't make an account. I do origami as an on-and-off hobby, and like most of my hobbies, I make it very hard on myself by tackling the hardest parts - in origami, I usually make really complicated designs one time and move on. I've done Origami since I was about 5, found intro books at the library. I like to make models as gifts to people. I like shaping models especially, and I will usually slightly modify designs once I've made them a few times, but I haven't designed any models yet. My favorite origami are the traditional Crane, Robert Lang's Koi, Michael Lafosse's Anna's butterfly, and Eric Joisel's Rat - all of which I enjoy modifying and shaping.

I'm in college and doing research right now, but I'll contribute what I can. I'm teaching myself crease patterns right now, and once I work them out I draw the mountain/valley folds over the CP, which I might share. at the moment I'm working on Sipho Mabona's Upupa Epops, a gift for my research professor, might share the final result. The last thing I finished was Roman Diaz's Elephant.
Dizzy

Postby Baltorigamist » April 17th, 2019, 4:40 pm

Welcome!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Baltorigamist

Postby Abel » November 30th, 2019, 9:12 am

Hey Everyone,

My name is Abel and I like origami...

And I'm here to find others interested in it too.

I have some goals of my own involving origami, but right now I have only a little bit of time. I'll be back!

Peace!
Abel

Postby IOAMARG » December 1st, 2019, 10:51 pm

Hi everyone from Athens, Greece.
I have been working with Geometry during my Engineering graduate studies..Since then many years passed and recently i discovered the challenge of folding!

I have started practicing with Robert Lang's books trying to learn the basics.
There are moments of despair but also moments of glory!

Ioannis

I hope i can get more into this magnificent science and art and this forum gives me a lot of optimism towards my next foldings.

Thanx for this opportunity to share!
IOAMARG

Previous

Return to Introductions