Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Kat

Re: Introductions

Post by Kat »

Hello, I am Kat from Germany.
I like folding. And others things, like nature, bicycles, children and arts.
I hope to find friends here to motivate each other to invent own models.
sebos

Post by sebos »

Hi everyone,
i'm a french folder, very amateur.
i like origami since my young age. It associates logic and art, and it comes from Eastern Asia where i grew up, another reason maybe...
See you soon
unknownfolder

Post by unknownfolder »

I've been a member of this forum for a great while, but I took a huge hiatus from this forum and from origami so I figured I would re-introduce myself!

I live in Texas in the United States. I started folding some time during high school after finding some diagrams online. Before my hiatus, I never explored using MC double tissue or tissue foil, but recently I set up a little space in my apartment for making double tissue and tissue foil. I recently finished a satisfactory fold of Kamiya's Ancient Dragon for the first time which was always a personal goal of mine back in the day.

I'm excited to be picking back up the hobby!
Whenever I do complex Origami I get this sinking feeling.
lydja

Post by lydja »

Hi, my name is Lydja, I'm french, turning 21 in a few days and I've been folding paper for over 10 years now. I recently started making my own complex origami designs that you should see pop up on this forum as soon as I prepare some paper to make them. See you soon !
PhizzFan

Post by PhizzFan »

Hi everyone, I just joined recently. I have been making origami on and off for approximately 30 years. I have been engaged in a wide variety of art practices, and most recently I have been using origami in my role as an art therapist. My current preference is for tessellations and geometric and modular origami: PHIZZ, Sonobe, etc...
Looking forward to being part of the forum!
Cheers,
-Rafael
MarcellOdoms

Post by MarcellOdoms »

Wow, that's an impressive amount of experience!
Also, welcome to the forum!
I'm new here, so welcome to me either :D
Queenamydien

Post by Queenamydien »

Hello my name is amydien and I am very new to origami. I actually started folding as a way to keep my hands and mind busy as I stopped smoking, however, I have completely fallen in love with it.
As I am a newbie, I am still looking for good paper and perfecting my folds. Will happily take any advice you have to share. x
NeverCeaseToCrease
Forum Sensei

Post by NeverCeaseToCrease »

Welcome! I would recomend the book "Genuine Origami" by Jun Maekawa. I learned much of my existing skills from that book. It has a wide range of difficulties, so it should last you a while. It also has "lessons" from every model to help you improve. As for paper, kami will serve you well for a long time.
AnKor

Post by AnKor »

Hello everyone,my name is Andrii and I'm from Ukraine.
I like folding complex models, especially dragons. I started designing recently but I've been folding since middle school.
So yeah, glad to join the conversation and hope to find some friends here!
CassiusAuratus7

Post by CassiusAuratus7 »

Hi, I'm a folder from Singapore. I've been folding since 6 but I only recently started designing models. Nice to join the origamicommunity here and hope I can contribute my share!
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

CassiusAuratus7 wrote:Hi, I'm a folder from Singapore. I've been folding since 6 but I only recently started designing models. Nice to join the origamicommunity here and hope I can contribute my share!
Welcome to the forum! :)
CassiusAuratus7

Post by CassiusAuratus7 »

Thanks!
zaphie

Post by zaphie »

Hello everyone, my name is Sheila and I'm from the US. I've been folding for about 8 years and enjoyed it from the start. It has taught me so much patience! And now I use it as a tool for teaching English to children abroad.

Happy folding to all!
Tacet

Post by Tacet »

Hey everyone, Zac here from Melbourne, Australia. Folding for many years, never designed. Looking forward to tackling some more complex models and OMG CLOSED SINKS TERRIFY ME EVERYTIME.
Hope you’re all well!
Grace159

Post by Grace159 »

Hi Zac, I am from the northern rivers of NSW welcome to the forum. If you would like to drive right in you have 1 more day to submit the instructions to a design of your own creation to origamichristmasbook AT gmail DOT com to receive your own copy.

The instructions can be in any format from traditional vector graphics hand drawn or otherwise to pictorial tutorials to crease patterns. I can give you a hand early Saturday if needed.

Currently the book consists of 45 models from 22 different artists.

Yours sincerely, Grace.

Sent from my SM-J120ZN using Tapatalk