Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
TheNewOrigamist
Location: Surprise, Arizona, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Introductions

Post by TheNewOrigamist »

Hello, my name is Anthony, I am 13 years old, and I've been folding on and off for about 8 years now. I started the wonderful art of paper folding because of a Fold-A-Day calendar by Margaret van Sicklen, which I begged my parents for and got that Christmas. I'm really excited to join this forum because I've frequented it when I need help with a tricky model, or just for fun. I'm only just starting super complex origami and envy those who have only folded a year or two and are already designing (you know who you are!). I'm designing simple models that start off with the traditional bases and hope to one day design with an eye for detail like Eric Joisel and technique like Lang or Kamiya. One more thing you should know: I really suck at ending posts like this. Oh well. :)
HAVE SHOME SHPARKULZ!(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

Welcome to the forum man.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
TheNewOrigamist
Location: Surprise, Arizona, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Post by TheNewOrigamist »

Thanks! I'm glad to be here.
HAVE SHOME SHPARKULZ!(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
to be or i gami

Post by to be or i gami »

Hi all!

I found a cheap origami gift set at my mother's place about four months ago and that's when it all started, poor woman had to surrender almost the whole package.
It's likely the cries for help will temporarily outweigh any constructive posts because Kamiya's models of mine kind of end up crumpled rather often. Anyway, really looking forward to posting here!

tboig
RebeccaP

Post by RebeccaP »

Hi all! My names RebeccaP!
I've been folding for about four years now, I'm at about a middling to advanced level and would like to get more involved in the community. So I finally made an account! :roll: I'd like to learn how to make my own paper someday and I've made one design of my own, mostly by accident, I was fiddling with a swan and it turned into a dog hehe. I'm pretty sure that it's original but I'm not sure how to tell? It's fairly simple so it's quite possible that it's been made before. Anyway, I'm always happy to help out and learn about this wonderful artform! :D
valerite

Post by valerite »

Hello! I've been folding for ~11 years now. I am 14 and live in Vermont. I design lots of stuffs, especially birds. As of late, I've been doing hummingbirds. My folding level is complex to high intermediate, so like not the Kamiya Ancient Dragon but more like simple structure insects. Love this forum, it's a great resource for origami.

@RebeccaP Good for you! learning to design is great fun. If you are afraid to call your model original you can always say "rediscovered" or maybe something that sounds better.

I also play oboe and write music occasionally. My favorite composers are Telemann and Handel, and other Baroque composers.
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

I've been on the forum for a while but never made an introduction post so here we go:
Hello everyone! My name is Orson, I am 13 (14 in a few months) and I've been folding for about 2 years now. I haven't done much designing but I can fold complex models (Ryujin 2.1, haven't attempted 3.5 yet). I started folding because there was competition at school and I haven't stopped since.

Apart from origami, I also have interests in computers, fencing, reading and music (I play electric guitar).
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr
zils

Post by zils »

Hi everybody! :)
my name is Liz, i´m 19 years old and folding for about four years now. my level is intermediate to complex, but i also like folding masks.
for photos have a look on my flickr page.
See you! :P
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

zils: Welcome to the forum! You have some really awesome folds. Seriously.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
zils

Post by zils »

Thank you! :D
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Hello guys! I hope anyone remembers me but I have left Origami for 1 year :?
Now I don't know I have forgotten mostly what I made. I even forgot how to make even simple models. Can anyone help me how can I return back to folding. I don't know what to start folding now. :(
valerite

Post by valerite »

Welcome back! I suggest you do John Montroll books which are great for beginners and easy to get in many parts of the world. Based on your gallery it looks like you like box pleating, so Robert J Langs website might be good, because he was some crease pattern links in his gallery.
Origami Omnibus is a big book by Kunihiko Kasahara that is chock full of simple origami fun and some traditional models, but no box pleating. Hope that helped :)
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Thanks!
Dulcinea

Post by Dulcinea »

Hello!
I am new in the forum.
My name is Patricia and I started to fold several years ago.
Some health problems introduced me more deep in Origami.
Few days ago reading several posts I got help folding Anibal Voyer's witch, and I really like it! Folding alone, getting stuck in a some steps sometimes make me feel stupid or frustrated. But then seeing other people having the same problem and being helped gave me hope.
Thank you
origamifan11

Post by origamifan11 »

Welcome to the forum Patricia! We're always happy to help out, so if you have a question about anything, feel free to ask!
About to start start Ryujin (test-folding at the moment)
My Old Flickr
My New Flickr