Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
sunshine23

Re: Introductions

Post by sunshine23 »

Hi, I am Ivan from Serbia and I am total newby but want to learn
YanG

Post by YanG »

Hi everyone.
My name is Yan, i'm from Brazil, i'm 22.
I've been folding origamis for a year now. I'm glad to be here and excited to learn more with you guys. My english is rusty, feel free to correct me.

Happy folding!!!

Enviado de meu Moto G (5S) usando o Tapatalk
Dizzy

Post by Dizzy »

Hello everyone,

I've skulked around the forum for... About a decade reading advice and admiring designs, but didn't make an account. I do origami as an on-and-off hobby, and like most of my hobbies, I make it very hard on myself by tackling the hardest parts - in origami, I usually make really complicated designs one time and move on. I've done Origami since I was about 5, found intro books at the library. I like to make models as gifts to people. I like shaping models especially, and I will usually slightly modify designs once I've made them a few times, but I haven't designed any models yet. My favorite origami are the traditional Crane, Robert Lang's Koi, Michael Lafosse's Anna's butterfly, and Eric Joisel's Rat - all of which I enjoy modifying and shaping.

I'm in college and doing research right now, but I'll contribute what I can. I'm teaching myself crease patterns right now, and once I work them out I draw the mountain/valley folds over the CP, which I might share. at the moment I'm working on Sipho Mabona's Upupa Epops, a gift for my research professor, might share the final result. The last thing I finished was Roman Diaz's Elephant.
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Welcome!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Abel

Post by Abel »

Hey Everyone,

My name is Abel and I like origami...

And I'm here to find others interested in it too.

I have some goals of my own involving origami, but right now I have only a little bit of time. I'll be back!

Peace!
IOAMARG

Post by IOAMARG »

Hi everyone from Athens, Greece.
I have been working with Geometry during my Engineering graduate studies..Since then many years passed and recently i discovered the challenge of folding!

I have started practicing with Robert Lang's books trying to learn the basics.
There are moments of despair but also moments of glory!

Ioannis

I hope i can get more into this magnificent science and art and this forum gives me a lot of optimism towards my next foldings.

Thanx for this opportunity to share!
Char

Post by Char »

Hello everyone I’m from Dallas, Texas and have been folding origami for a couple of years now but got interested in complex origami only this year. So far, I’ve only made two model’s that I would consider complex, both insects, and I want to make more of them because making complex origami is interesting to me. I’m hoping to learn some tips on how to improve my shaping skills, and how to get better at making grids and models from crease patterns.
Grace159

Post by Grace159 »

Hi Char, welcome to the origami forum. I am more a designer than an advanced folder, however there are quite a few on this forum that can make beautifully complex models. You are more than welcome to have a look at our current monthly challenge which for August is 'Summertime' and to create your own thread to showcase your work in the origami galleries. To post pictures you need to copy BBC code from an already uploaded picture (Flickr on a computer is the easiest source).

Have fun :)
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Welcome!
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.
Kazukiroc

Post by Kazukiroc »

Hi everyone!
My name is Jeremiah! I am from Spain. I am so excited that I found this awesome forum :D
Hope to have fun here :)
Have a great week everybody!
Grace159

Post by Grace159 »

Hi Jeremiah,
Welcome :)
wormsforbrains

Post by wormsforbrains »

Hiya everyone, I'm Molly! I live in California. While I have folded origami off and on for a couple years now I have dived much deeper this past year and am super interested in getting better at it! I want to stop giving up on models that are challenging and meet others who are also interested in paperfolding :).
Baltorigamist

Post by Baltorigamist »

Welcome to the forum!
After the fall, we rise.

My Flickr
Priya

Post by Priya »

Hi,
My name is Priya. I am from India..I am 43 years old .I joined forum today so totally new to forum.I love origami. I love to fold origami flowers and making matching origami jewellery for my daughter..and also Disney characters.I also like to crochet flowers.
I am glad to be part of this forum.
My English is not good as it’s not my first language so please if I write sentences in forum is not good then forgive me.
Lastly just wanted to know that this forum is only for asking help if we get any problem in folding.. right .and Is it paid .or anything else that I should know about.
Thank you 🙏
Last edited by Priya on February 1st, 2021, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrigamiasaEnthusiast

Post by OrigamiasaEnthusiast »

Priya wrote: February 1st, 2021, 3:51 pm Hi,
My name is Priya. I am from India..I am 43 years old .I joined forum today so totally new to forum.I love origami. I love to fold origami flowers and making matching origami jewellery for my daughter..and also Disney characters.I also like to crochet flowers.
I am glad to be part of this forum.
My English is not good as it’s not my first language so please if I write sentences in forum is not good then forgive me.
Lastly just wanted to know that this forum is only for asking help if we get any problem in folding.. right .and Is it paid .or anything else that I should know about.
Thank you 🙏
No worries, the forum is completely free and it is also used for galleries and things like that, but it is also mainly used as a place to ask questions.
"Ethics are annoying, I avoid them on principle."-B. Katt
Can't delete account, so I'll open up a new one indefinitely in the future.