Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Argonaut

Re: Introductions

Post by Argonaut »

Hello everyone! I am Argonaut. I think the best way to introduce myself would be by introducing my origami. I look forward to competing in the monthly challenges and hope it is a lot of fun. http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/7775/photo0007s.jpg
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/2972/photo0010is.jpg
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/40 ... 08001.jpg/
Eat. Sleep. Fold Paper.
franz

Post by franz »

welcome \:D/
franz
origamidude

Post by origamidude »

I am from Minnesota and started getting into origami around 1st grade when I was doing a bunch of cranes and water bombs. Been into it ever since. And welcome to everybody else who registered recently.
Rex Queems

Post by Rex Queems »

Hey everyone!

I joined ages ago, but have neither introduced myself nor made a post. I'm a grad student so school gets in the way. Anyway, looking forward to posting some of my stuff on here and getting to know you all better!

Rex
Sroge4

Post by Sroge4 »

origamidude wrote:I am from Minnesota and started getting into origami around 1st grade when I was doing a bunch of cranes and water bombs. Been into it ever since. And welcome to everybody else who registered recently.
Woo minnesota :D
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Sroge4 wrote:
origamidude wrote:I am from Minnesota and started getting into origami around 1st grade when I was doing a bunch of cranes and water bombs. Been into it ever since. And welcome to everybody else who registered recently.
Woo minnesota :D
Minnesota rules! I´ve got family there! (most people from scandinavia do in one way or another)
dragon

Post by dragon »

I live in England and move around a lot. I got into origami when I was about 6 and stopped around 9 but I've restarted. I am trying to figure out CP's right now.
VengefulWanderer

Post by VengefulWanderer »

Hello,
My name is Alexander, I am 18 and I just picked up origami again after a friend commented on me absentmindedly playing with a piece of paper(made a water-bomb without thinking about it). So I have trying to get back into it, as I stopped at around 10 and and I am definitely struggling at the harder designs, and these crease patterns are just sadistic. So looking around at resources so that I could hopefully begin to understand crease patterns I stumbled here. So hello everyone, I'm here to stalk the forums, crumple balls of paper in frustration and smash my forehead into my desk as I do it.
vivalogos

Post by vivalogos »

hi, my name is gina. i'm from manila, philippines.

one of my sons, age 7, is very much into origami. not just your usual boats and fortune tellers--he makes little dinosaurs, birds, flowers.

he began teaching himself at age 5 by reading a book i brought home for him from japan. two years is pretty long for a kid, so i can safely say this is not just a passing fancy for him.

i observe that it's more than the mere creation that fascinates him; it's the exactness of the folds, the precision, the geometry.

i've been trying to look for a teacher to help him learn more, expand what he already knows. he's already plateau'd...don't know how to further raise the bar.

any leads appreciated. we live in quezon city, metro manila, philippines.

thanks much!
Sroge4

Post by Sroge4 »

Buy him Satoshi Kamiya's book. That'll keep him busy for a while :lol:

Seriously though, look at origami-shop.com, it has tons of books in the moderate range that I think would be great for your son :)
vivalogos

Post by vivalogos »

thanks so much! i'll look for a copy! :)
l'origami13

Post by l'origami13 »

Hi everyone!

I've been making origami for a while (but mostly traditional designs like cranes etc). I'm interested in doing challenges, pushing myself to become better, and learning from everyone else here! I never realized that there were so many incredible possibilities with just a piece of paper until I saw some of the magnificent creations on this forum. Here it goes!

- l'origami13
louieorigami848

Post by louieorigami848 »

Hey, I'm Louie Bernhardt. I live in New Zealand and I'm 11 years old. I have been folding since I was 7. My favourite model to make is the wizard and the ancient dragon tied, both by Satoshi Kamiya. I'm currently working on phoenix 3.5 using Tadashi Mori's video. I have created my own origami model, a person made using box pleating. So there you have it. I am just wondering, is there any tutors around my area? If so, reply please.
chesscuber98
Forum Sensei

Post by chesscuber98 »

Hey
I am new to the forum and so here i am.
I love origami... I have been folding for about half a year now and i have found my self pretty good.I have created a few models which i plan to post in the gallery.go origami!
Tyndall

Post by Tyndall »

Hi everybody
I'm Alex, from Spain. I've been folding since I was more or less 10 years old but in a serious way, since 8-10 years (now I'm 32). Nowadays I barely fold. My son (Pablo) doesn't leave me. It's rather difficult to have this kind of hobby and bring up a child for me... Now I only fold in my mind...
I have been reading this forum for so long, but this is my first post (hope not the last one...)
Have a good folding!!