Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Eamon

Re: Introductions

Post by Eamon »

Hi. :) My name is Eamon. I live in the state of Massachussetts, just a few hours away from the origamido studio(although I have never been there). The first origami model I made was the pineheel when I was in 2nd grade, but I never really got into origami until 5th grade. I only knew simple stuff like the flapping bird, the crane, and some shurikens. I am in seventh grade now, and I can make the ancient dragon. Besides origami, I like Seth Macfarlene's shows, I like shih-tzu's(I have one), and I like music.
My flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/93038503@N06/
My forum gallery. http://snkhan.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=11416
Constructive criticism is appreciated as well as encouraged.
mikhailhafiz

Post by mikhailhafiz »

hi i just join.... im from sungai buloh, Malaysia... i love fold Kusudama....
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Hello I am Taha from Pakistan.
I have just joined this forum finding it very useful. I started origami when I was 10 and now I am currently 12. The best origami designer who I like is Shuki Kato especially his Gigantosarus and Zoanoid Dragon. The hardest origami I have made uptill now is the origami Western Dragon ver 3 by Shuki Kato.
I'd like to thanks the administrator for making this forum because it is very useful to me.
rain

Post by rain »

Hi there, thought my first post should be some type of intro. I've been folding origami off and on since I was a kid. After all this time, I am still learning some of the basics such as the best paper to use, how to wet-fold, etc., and tips so that my end results are recognizable :)

I have visited this forum off and on for years, as I love visiting the "what have you folded lately?" thread and seeing all the talent out there! I figured it was time to join!

Happy 2013 all!
Tahaorigami

Post by Tahaorigami »

Welcome to this forum Rain :D and Happy New Year
aaronsorigami

Post by aaronsorigami »

Hi everyone, my name is Aaron and I've been folding for about 5 years. Currently I am 14 years old. I am mainly a modular folder, but sometimes I like to do tessellations and animals.
I am also very interested in using mathematics/computer programming to design modulars.
patmac

Post by patmac »

Hello everyone. My name is Patrick and I live in the UK. I would definitely class myself as a newbie as I only started folding fairly recently. I really like origami animals and mythological creatures and I'm working. So far the most complex model I've completed is Tadashimori's scorpion. Ive recently received a copy of license to fold as a gift and would love to complete Nguyen Hung Cuong's eagle some day.
I often use tissue foil and double tissue paper that i make myself. I don't seem to be able to find good quality origami paper close to where I live so if any fellow enthusiasts in the UK could point me in the right direction I would be very grateful!
pokeorigami

Post by pokeorigami »

Hi i am pokeorigami. I Love pokemon and like to fold origami pokemon also! I want to learn CPs.
joepkool

Post by joepkool »

Hello my name is Joep. I live in Holland and have been doing origami for about 4 years. I am not that good because I do origami on a irregular basis but it is always fun to do. I started origami due to me having Leukaemia when I was younger and there was not much else to do in the hospital. That is now 4 years ago, I am still in the hospital circulation and need to visit the docto every half year. I have designed a few simple origami's myself, but these are mostly variations of other designs. My other hobbies include reading and gaming.
OrigamiGeek
Forum Sensei

Post by OrigamiGeek »

Welcome every one. learn and help others learn and most of all have fun :D
Check out my gallery and don't forget to leave a comment!
blue typhlosion

Post by blue typhlosion »

Hi
I m 12, I am italian
I started folding paper when I was 6 at a school contest for paper airplanes
Two years after i started folding origami
calliman

Post by calliman »

GREETINGS one and all.

Me, I'm just an octogenarian (going on 16). Love origami. I've been interested in this art for about 10 years. Being a sleight of hand magician (retired) I still keep the finger motions fluid enough by using origami folding as the "lubricant".

I am a die-hard, learn to do it yourself type, will work a problem to the bone via diagrams. I have had success with the Brill book, having made his ship in a bottle, working matchbox, and other such.
My work on the Casey Santa (you tube videos and diagrams) gave me much worry at several phases, but the Origami Crease Board helped me get over the hurdles, for which I am extremely grateful, thanks to several
responders to my inquiries. I began working the Santa model in December 2012, and FINALLY, this week,
March 2013, the remaining right side of Santa came to fruition. It was fairly basic with a few glitches here and there, and the second side was a real head scratcher. Thanks to all who guided me in my lesser moments.

Calliman
GrossMichael

Hello!

Post by GrossMichael »

My name's Michael and I come from Romania. I started origami 2 years ago and I still like it. Now i'm 13 years old.
Happy folding!
Palan

Hi !

Post by Palan »

Hello everybody !

My name is Valentine, I come from France and I'm 19. I'm doing Origami since I was 12, starting with basic origami such as cranes and so on.
I started doing more complex origami a year ago, and particularly dragons. I've started the Ancient Dragon from Kamiya Satoshi but I had some troubles. I hope this forum will help me achieve the model. :D
KasaiRyuu

Post by KasaiRyuu »

Hello everyone.

I started origami a little more than two years ago, and took a break a year and a half in. I just decided to pick up origami again and made an account here. I am not very good. :/ But hopefully this forum can help me grow and mature as an origami artist, and thank you for the intro! :D