Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
phillipcurl

Re: Introductions

Post by phillipcurl »

welcome, tyndall!
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
likeaboss

Post by likeaboss »

hi
hayleylsl

Post by hayleylsl »

Hi I'm Hayley and i live in Worcestershire.

I'm 32 and have been folding for many years. I joined the BOS at the Birmingham Hobby craft show as recently as Thursday!

My "speciality" is 8 petalled origami flowers (although i hate to admit i usually make the "snip of tips" method for quick folding) I know thats bad!

I do voluntary work with Cat's Protection here in Worcester and i own (am owned?!) by 2 lovely little girl moggies who are my pride and joy.

My most recent project was making origami pumpkins and black talking crows for the shop display.

I'm going to have a proper look around this board tomorrow now, but from what i have read so far it seems like a fantastic group.

Hayley
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Welcome to the Hayley!
Mokumegane

Post by Mokumegane »

When I was in tenth grade, I was in this Calligraphy class. (You see, I've always been into some kind of art all my life. When I was young, it was crochet, drawing and knitting. I never give up on them, though... I just add more "love to do's".) For one assignment, we had to create these paper-folded boxes (top and bottom- two piece). I loved it so much that I made a box family. There were about twenty-one in all and they all fit into each other. The largest started from eight inch square paper and the smallest started from half inch square paper. I had to use my compass from Math class to fold the smallest one... Anyway, since then I've kicked off on the Origami train. I don't limit myself to any type, shape, paper shape, etc. When my RA started hitting me at the end of high school, I started getting into more things where I can sit and rest my feet and Origami is one of them. Lately, I've been doing Christmas Origami. In the last week, I've done a three-dimensional tree, a holly sprig with berries, a decorated wreath, a snowman, a poinsettia flower, a spiky ball and am now on this sixty-piece-of-paper flower ball thing. Yup... halfway there... six flowers made- yay! I'm currently looking for a nice husky or wolf form, either just the head and neck or the entire body... looking at you or howling at the moon. My daughter's grade school has a husky for their mascot and I want to make something. Oh and of course, I'm looking for more Thanksgiving and Christmas stuff because those are the current holidays!

Amanda
Axel´s Origami

Post by Axel´s Origami »

Welcome to the forum, Mokumegane!
I also do that thing with always doing something art like. But that depends on whether one considers lego and warhammer art.

For the huskey/wolf I would recommend Hideo Komatsu's wolf, Josh Goutam's wolf and Roman Diaz cayotte.
Mokumegane

Post by Mokumegane »

Lol, I remember painting Warhammer figures and making landscapes and such... that was fun! Lego can really become art if it's done well, too. Some of those things are really complex. For instance, at the Toyland last year, the Lego booth had a life-size Santa Clause made out of only the small Legos. I still have that picture. I'm more into lots of other arts. Right now, I have the Origami going, knitting (mittens and hats at the moment) sewing, drawing, did some calligraphy last night (the tooth fairy can't have the same handwriting as I do lol) and some cross-stitch and embroidery. I made my daughter's Halloween costume (I do every year) and this year she was Princess Peach from Mario Bros. She gave me three days to make it and I spent about $12. I put it up on the coolest-homemade-costumes site. She loved it and I'm sure she'll be wearing it at least half of the days this year. Hmm... I need to find another Origami project. I just finished this sixty-paper one... that flower ball. That sucker is huge and heavy... I'm using post-it notes next time. Thanks for the recommendations... I'll have to check those out!
marko

Post by marko »

Hello
My name is Mark i live in wales UK im 42 and started origami this year for somthing to do with the kids when its raining ,it rains a lot in wales so we do a lot , but now i find myself doing more complex models when the kids are in bed!
Looking forward to sharing some useful tips!
Mark
Mokumegane

Post by Mokumegane »

Nice! Welcome to the forum, Marko! My daughter loves Origami, as well, but she ends up giving up and having me fold things for her because her folds aren't perfect. I swear, I sound like a broken record with her when I keep telling her that she needs to practice to make them perfect. I've been able to get her to fold some completely. The thing is... I have to find something really cool that isn't too hard to do. That will give her more incentive.
Samonthepiano

Post by Samonthepiano »

Hi!

I'm Sam from the unknown 'Abode of Peace' in south east asia, namely Brunei Darussalam.

I'm 15 and I'm graduating this year from highschool! (yippee) Been folding since I was a kid but I'm a full time pianist! Basically anything artistic is my forte.
Never,ever lose against yourself.

Striving to make a difference one foot step at a time. I am Sam.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

I have several friends from southeast asia. (Vietnam)
it seems like a nice place.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
Samonthepiano

Post by Samonthepiano »

I am Chinese tho :P
Never,ever lose against yourself.

Striving to make a difference one foot step at a time. I am Sam.
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

oh. i still can't believe you are graduating high school, and ur 15. one of my friends from vietnam just turned 17 and is a sophomore in highschool... i'm 15 and i'm a freshman...us in the states are failures.
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
phillipcurl

Post by phillipcurl »

oh yea, by the way, welcome to the forums :D
flickr gallery
Youtube channel
Phillip
polistes
Forum Sensei

Post by polistes »

phillipcurl wrote:oh. i still can't believe you are graduating high school, and ur 15. one of my friends from vietnam just turned 17 and is a sophomore in highschool... i'm 15 and i'm a freshman...us in the states are failures.

I'm 15 and I'm in college :D