Introductions

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Yordan_SOI

Introduction

Post by Yordan_SOI »

Hi,

I only have very basic experience with origami from my childhood days. I think it's a fascinating field whose concepts can find widespread application in boring, everyday life objects.

I'm a student at the Vienna University of Business and managing a project looking for new methods to seal cardboard packages. The focus is to find a method which would permit the continuous opening and closing of a package while achieving a better sealing and protection for the contents.

I was hoping that some techniques used in origami could be used to solve this problem. It would be great if you had any suggestions!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Yordan
Thugar

Introduction- middle aged in Houston, Texas, USA

Post by Thugar »

Hey, I'm 36 years old in Houston, Texas, USA. I started just a few weeks ago as a way to exercise my creative side and for relaxation. I am still on beginner models but enjoying it quite a lot.
I had never folded anything in childhood except paper hats and the classic sailboat and I'm finding this art to be very rewarding.
I am glad to be part of this forum and very excited to see the multinational makeup of this group.
Beginner, Houston, TX
chesslo
Forum Sensei

Post by chesslo »

Welcome to the forum Thugar!
Great to have you here!!!!!!!! :D
totalgeek314

Post by totalgeek314 »

I started origami in sixth grade when my math teacher gave me a modular origami book to do in class because the class was really easy. I stopped for a few years and picked it back up last winter. since then I have bought a few books, like Works Of Satoshi kamiya, origami design secrets, and a few from Michael LaFosse. I have folded most of them in all of those books successfully without too much trouble. I am now a freshman in High school and personally know no other people who do origami.
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

welcome to the forum, totalgeek314! in here you're everything but alone with an addiction to paperfolding ...
totalgeek314

Post by totalgeek314 »

i have been reading this forum for a few months now to get new ideas to fold, but just recently decided to join. i am still in awe of some of these models, but may try to tackle the Kamiya Ryuzin, from cp in the upcoming year.
Sareth

Post by Sareth »

Hello!

I'm Sareth (it's just an alias); I'm from Romania. We have a strong base here, in Romania, for the future of the origami art. It doesn't include my work, but there are a lot of skilled/tallented people that honor this art.

I started folding about a year ago and had a break for six months 'till now. I kinda lost interest in origami, most due to bad schedule or not such a fullfilling environment.

But I think I'm back on track and hope that you'll help me regain my mojo. You'll see that I'm not a very bright folder, but do tend to learn pretty fast.

I very much admire Roman Diaz's work and, of course, Satoshi Kamiya's. You'll see some renditions of their models in my gallery, as soon as I manage to post some.

So, read ya next time!
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

welcome to the forum, sareth! does your avatar show a self-portrait of you? if you're drawing, too, please give us some examples of your work in the kitchen sink gallery ...
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
Sareth

Post by Sareth »

Thank you, grizzly man!

Actually, my avatar is not a drawing of mine; it might be interpreted as a portrayal of me, such as an expression of my attitude, but it's not my work.

The image is of a character from an anime/manga series, called Nana.
Sorry for my bad english!
Nathanael_Cotrus

Introduction

Post by Nathanael_Cotrus »

Hi, my name is Nathanael, i´m a 15-year-old origami folder from germany. I started folding 2-3 years ago, when i found Nick Robinson´s Encyclopedia of Origami at the library. I know this forum from another folder from germany, who gave me the link to this forum.
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

welcome to the forum, nathanael!
if you're going to visit my little flickr_gallery, please leave a comment - a critical one is welcome, too, if necessary: http://www.flickr.com/photos/57625237@N02/
cjbnc

Post by cjbnc »

40-something
computer system administrator
degree in physics (why I think math and geometry is fun)
disney fan
hobby photographer
serious folder since nov 2010
lives in the RDU area of NC
-- Charles
Grace

Post by Grace »

Hi, I'm Grace! I started origami in the spring of 2009 instead of studying for finals. I haven't stopped since! :D

I'm just getting to a level where paper choice is important and I have done a few failed attempts at designing, so I'll take any help I can get. I would also love access to any new diagrams out there!

My other intrests include comics books, tea, and hockey to name a few. Nice to meet all of you!
jeko

Post by jeko »

Hi, I'm Jens, PhD student. I started folding when I was 8. I stopped for quite a while but since 3 years I'm folding regularly again...
Jonybb

New on this forum

Post by Jonybb »

My name is Jonas, I'm 13 years old, 14 on March 20th. I'm new to this forum. I actually made an user a while ago, but I haven't really posted anything. But I'm gonna do that. I've folded since I was 5-6 years, and I'm kinda experienced. Right now I'm studying the Ryu Zin, and I'm planning on making one. See you ;)