Greetings enthusiasts!

New to the Forum? Introduce yourself here!
Dizzy Dame

Greetings enthusiasts!

Post by Dizzy Dame »

Hello everybody :D I stumbled upon this forum quite by chance, so pleased I did....
I was first introduced to Origami, when my mum brought me 12 sheets of paper and a " Teach Yourself Origami" paperback by Harbin. As I had been in hospital for a while after a m/bike accident, being bed ridden, that book saved my sanity :) That was in 1985..... I am 46yrs old now, female, living in the UK.
My Origami is very intermittant, but I find it helps me to find focus. This latest binge was started as I folded a Kusudama for a chum in hospital :)
I am so hoping that after having looked around the forum, that I may finally be able to fold my first piece out of my "Insects....." book by Lang? Never succeeded with any of them yet :oops:
Anyway, enough babble from me......
I have to say that after looking thru some of the Galleries , I feel like such a novice. What amazing works of Origami I have seen :D

Dizzy x
akugami
Forum Sensei

Post by akugami »

welcome to the forum!
don't worry about high complex origami posts - everybody in here is a pupil or a student of origami-do, some do know a little more and others a little less, but we're all learning from and with each other ... fine, that you're going to join this community!
Dizzy Dame

Thank you...

Post by Dizzy Dame »

Thank you Grizzly man for the welcome :wink:
Its revitalised my interest looking at some of the galleries and postings on here.
I must admit to never having seen a crease pattern before ..... something I must delve into. Before I look at those, I have a strong passion to get my Robert Lang book out :oops: My purpose .... to be able to fold at least one of those wonderful insects :lol: and now, I have a wealth of experience at my fingertips to help me. That pleases me soooo much, as I have never met or spoken to anybody else with an interest in Origami....

Dizzy Dame